To live and die in L.A.
    Thunderbolter

Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

Nope.

Default Re: Did we get ICS yet?

If we did, I think you'd see a heck of lot more chatter on this forum!

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

The fact that we were supposed to receive it by end of first quarter this year and we are almost at mid April blows.

Sent from my rooted Galaxy Tab 8.9 running ICS 4.0.3

Patience... The gingerbread release was a disaster... I'd much prefer Verizon and HTC take their time and get it right this time.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by umpirerob View Post
    Patience... The gingerbread release was a disaster... I'd much prefer Verizon and HTC take their time and get it right this time.

But they won't.
    Razr Maxx- THE BEAST
    Droid 4
    Droid 3
    -Isaac-
    Thanked by:

Why be surprised if they are late? Past practice tells us that they will update when ever they feel like it.

has the Sensation been updated with it yet? they were supposedly the first one, and I'm not sure that they have it yet. I'm counting on at least June for our update, if not further out.

ROM
    Stock, not rooted

I have a sensation, and nothing yet. I don't think it would be smart for them to give us ICS anytime soon, with the release of the HTC One S coming April 25, according to rumors.

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts

I certainly won't be downloading it the minute it becomes available. Learned my lesson the hard way last time.

I had no problems when I downloaded gingerbread so I'm excited to c the change

Quote Originally Posted by RJV3 View Post
    The fact that we were supposed to receive it by end of first quarter this year and we are almost at mid April blows.

Sent from my rooted Galaxy Tab 8.9 running ICS 4.0.3
    I believe you're thinking about the Rezound. As far as the Thunderbolt (and others), no specific time frame has been given. See this HTC blog for more info:

Quote Originally Posted by umpirerob View Post

While I wouldn't call the Gingerbread release a disaster, it did have a few bugs that required subsequent OTA updates to fix. This is my concern with ICS as it's a much bigger jump than Froyo to Gingerbread and could have the potential for more/bigger bugs. I'm also concerned about getting any type of major update considering the one year warranty period has now expired and the fact my Thunderbolt is working so well now on Gingerbread.