Wifi Tether to Tablet Please Help

gabbyblonde

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
I have a rooted Thunderbolt and just purchased an Asus Slider. The Slider works great at home with Wifii, but when I turn on my Hotspot on the Thunderbolt I get about 10 sec of 'net and then the connection freezes up. I can run my laptop for hours off the T'Bolt hotspot.

I know this may be more appropriate in the Asus Slider forum but since they are so new there is not very much activity there.

Please help.

Thanks

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I have a rooted Thunderbolt and just purchased an Asus Slider. The Slider works great at home with Wifii, but when I turn on my Hotspot on the Thunderbolt I get about 10 sec of 'net and then the connection freezes up. I can run my laptop for hours off the T'Bolt hotspot.

I know this may be more appropriate in the Asus Slider forum but since they are so new there is not very much activity there.

Please help.

Thanks

I believe Slider forum is where you should be looking, unfortunately I don't think the issue with the Thunderbolt. I have a Galaxy 10.1 tab that I use Mobile Hotspot on my Thunderbolt all the time, and it works great.

trter10-imore

ThunderboltTool Developer
Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
@ trter10-2 Thank you bluetooth works perfect. A bit slower but acceptable. Are there any apps that the wifi will work with?

I used to run a ROM that had a built in tethering feature in the settings, it's the only thing that ever worked for me to tether to my old Xoom. Not sure what ROM though.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Honeycomb tabs cannot use tethering unless its bluetooth or something other than Ad-Hoc

This is true, but when using the Thunderbolt as a wifi source with the either the official Verizon MH app or Wireless Tether (the only 2 I've tried), the access point is recognized as an infrastructure mode network, and NOT ad-hoc, so it *should* work. As I mentioned before, I tether my TB to my Galaxy 10.1 tab all the time, no problems.