Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 43
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    chuckawd's Avatar

    Posts
    546 Posts
    ROM
    Thundershed v1.6

    Default What will be the next Thunderbolt?!

    Thinking back to the weeks and months leading up to the Thunderbolt launch I wonder what will be the next Thunderbolt. I remember taking each and every Thursday off of work thinking it's coming but then it didn't. But, then, it finally did and I was so excited!! Even though our phone is dated now and was fairly dated when it launched, I am left pondering what will be the next Thunderbolt.

    Most of us launch day people will be up for upgrade coming here this fall/winter so , is there any phone that we should start getting excited about now? I want to keep this specific to the TBOLT forum as well because I value all of your opinions specifically. There has to be something on the horizon that will just kick some serious ****!! Specifically HTC because I have come to absolutely love everything about an HTC phone.
  2. #2  
    rcmarks314's Avatar

    Posts
    201 Posts
    ROM
    Stock/BAMF Forever1.10

    Default Re: What will be the next Thunderbolt?!

    Simply put the next Thunderbolt will be my next phone. I hope it will be a quad core and easily rooted.
    Thanked by:
    HPBolt 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    chuckawd's Avatar

    Posts
    546 Posts
    ROM
    Thundershed v1.6

    Default Re: What will be the next Thunderbolt?!

    Quote Originally Posted by rcmarks314 View Post
    Simply put the next Thunderbolt will be my next phone. I hope it will be a quad core and easily rooted.
    I would agree completely!! I love the bolt and it has never let me down. My wishes would be quad core, more memory, insane screen, and obviously bigger battery out of the box.
    Thanked by:
    HPBolt 
  4. #4  

    Default Re: What will be the next Thunderbolt?!

    I think it is pretty clear that the next HTC flagship phones are the ONE series. The question is will Verizon put out a customized version like sprint is with the EVO 4G LTE (Looks nice). Thunderbolt, as the first LTE phone has a buzz around it that I don't think we will get for a while, maybe when we get voice over LTE and some battery gains along with that?
  5. #5  
    FrankXS's Avatar

    Posts
    3,148 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

    Default Re: What will be the next Thunderbolt?!

    Quote Originally Posted by realitydigg View Post
    Thunderbolt, as the first LTE phone has a buzz around it that I don't think we will get for a while, maybe when we get voice over LTE and some battery gains along with that?
    Yep. I'm with you. I'm not enthralled with simple processor or performance gains anymore. My TBolt is fine. But I am excited about true leaps in technology. Voice over LTE would probably do it for me. I need something substantial to make a leap to another phone. Adequate battery to support it would also be a must.

    -Frank
    [HTC Thunderbolt™ 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!©
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]
  6. #6  

    Default Re: What will be the next Thunderbolt?!

    Although I'm in no hurry to replace it, I am eagerly anticipating the next Thunderbolt (hope they keep the name in some form, add a 2, II, HD or heck X would be very cool)! First up and it sounds silly, but I really hope the next Thunderbolt has a similar kickstand as it does now (ex. size, stainless steel). I don't want to give up true portrait mode with a kickstand like the new EVO 4G LTE, nor want a red painted small stick that reminds me of the ol' cheese and crackers snack! lol Seriously though, I'll take at least a dual core, super LCD 2, removable battery a MUST, capacitive buttons, and preferably an SD card, and no camera hump please! Basically, very similar to the current Thunderbolt, but with upgrades! Oh, and it better have that thunderclap sound on boot too!
  7. #7  
    redcat22's Avatar

    Posts
    253 Posts
    ROM
    stock 4.1.2

    Default Re: What will be the next Thunderbolt?!

    One X.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: What will be the next Thunderbolt?!

    The CTIA Wireless trade show is next month, may be we'll see more info come out on upcoming Verizon phones. See International CTIA WIRELESS® 2012
  9. #9  
    Forgetful's Avatar
    Energy hoarder

    Posts
    1,463 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,473 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

    Default

    Nothing on the horizon looking like the bolt. And by that I mean a phone with a kick stand. There are a few quad HTC phones that are coming but not labeled bolt 2

    Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
  10. #10  
    worwig's Avatar

    Posts
    904 Posts
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts

    Default Re: What will be the next Thunderbolt?!

    The One X series has no memory card slot. FAIL.

    Sprints EVO 4G LTE looks good though.
    Alma likes this.
  11. #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful View Post
    Nothing on the horizon looking like the bolt. And by that I mean a phone with a kick stand. There are a few quad HTC phones that are coming but not labeled bolt 2

    Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    Doesn't the evo 4GLTE have a kickstand?
  12. #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by worwig View Post
    The One X series has no memory card slot. FAIL.

    Sprints EVO 4G LTE looks good though.
    I can survive without a memory card slot, but the lack of removable battery on some upcoming htc phones is disheartening.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
    chuckawd's Avatar

    Posts
    546 Posts
    ROM
    Thundershed v1.6

    Default Re: What will be the next Thunderbolt?!

    Yes indeed I do actually love the kickstand and use it all the time!! Skype video chat with the kickstand is best. Shows Best!! I see everyone else holding their phones but not me and I want that in the next phone too.
    Alma likes this.
  14. #14  
    redcat22's Avatar

    Posts
    253 Posts
    ROM
    stock 4.1.2

    Default Re: What will be the next Thunderbolt?!

    Quote Originally Posted by worwig View Post
    The One X series has no memory card slot. FAIL.

    Sprints EVO 4G LTE looks good though.
    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    I can survive without a memory card slot, but the lack of removable battery on some upcoming htc phones is disheartening.
    Don't get me wrong, i don't like the idea of not having an SD card or a removable battery either. But the absence of these two features could be the new trend amongst smartphones, at least with HTC. Perhaps it depends on how well the One series sells if HTC will continue to make phones w/o SD cards and/or removable batteries. Maybe we're further away from seeing the Tbolt 2 than we think...gasp!
  15. #15  

    Default Re: What will be the next Thunderbolt?!

    it seems to be the current trends to have non removable battery, motorola is doing it too. I hope that they move away from this trend, or at least provide a large battery like the maxx.
  16. #16  
    Bearly's Avatar

    Posts
    241 Posts
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts

    Default

    HTC needs to release the same phone across all carriers. That would align with their philosophy of focusing the product line. If the One X comes with Krait, the multimode modem should mean that the phone works on all carriers I think.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: What will be the next Thunderbolt?!

    Quote Originally Posted by redcat22 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, i don't like the idea of not having an SD card or a removable battery either. But the absence of these two features could be the new trend amongst smartphones, at least with HTC. Perhaps it depends on how well the One series sells if HTC will continue to make phones w/o SD cards and/or removable batteries. Maybe we're further away from seeing the Tbolt 2 than we think...gasp!
    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    it seems to be the current trends to have non removable battery, motorola is doing it too. I hope that they move away from this trend, or at least provide a large battery like the maxx.
    While not preferable, I can live without an SD card, but a non-removable battery is a deal breaker. I guess time will tell if this trend continues (I sure hope it doesn't!). If it does continue, there may be a lot of people looking elsewhere than HTC/Motorola or just sticking with their current phone longer which is what I see myself doing.
    Thanked by:
    Alma likes this.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: What will be the next Thunderbolt?!

    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Doesn't the evo 4GLTE have a kickstand?
    Yeah but its tiny and in the middle of the phone so it only works in landscape. Thunderbolt kickstand is way better.
  19. #19  
    Forgetful's Avatar
    Energy hoarder

    Posts
    1,463 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,473 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

    Default

    It's not on vzw though?

    Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
  20. #20  

    Default Re: What will be the next Thunderbolt?!

    I am not looking . Mine is perfection.
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
  21. #21  
    FrankXS's Avatar

    Posts
    3,148 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

    Default Re: What will be the next Thunderbolt?!

    I'm thinking "Lightningbolt"!

    I mean, after all!



    -Frank
    [HTC Thunderbolt™ 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!©
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]
  22. #22  

    Default Re: What will be the next Thunderbolt?!

    I'll take any HTC phone with more RAM, dual core, and of course the kickstand. 4.3" screen is just about perfect for those of us who pocket our phones...maybe 4.5" would be tolerable. however, all of that is out of the window without a serious boost in battery capacity, out of the box. Love my Tbolt revised with Go Launcher EX....
  23. #23  
    bunique4life05's Avatar

    Posts
    1,576 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckawd View Post
    Thinking back to the weeks and months leading up to the Thunderbolt launch I wonder what will be the next Thunderbolt. I remember taking each and every Thursday off of work thinking it's coming but then it didn't. But, then, it finally did and I was so excited!! Even though our phone is dated now and was fairly dated when it launched, I am left pondering what will be the next Thunderbolt.

    Most of us launch day people will be up for upgrade coming here this fall/winter so , is there any phone that we should start getting excited about now? I want to keep this specific to the TBOLT forum as well because I value all of your opinions specifically. There has to be something on the horizon that will just kick some serious ****!! Specifically HTC because I have come to absolutely love everything about an HTC phone.
    Wow! That is all really can say. This post brought smile to my face because really excited for Thunderbolt came out. However I have to smirk a little at the idea of a Thunderbolt 2. The reason is from time got my Thunderbolt practical on launch day till now the phone does not have status quo for a sequel.

    These are all issues that cause Thunderbolt to be not widely successful device to have a second version.

    -The delayed launch debacle(delayed or not?)
    -Poor battery life out the gate
    -No gingerbread (one of the last to get it)
    -Lack of 4G coverage
    -3G to 4G bug issues
    -Speaker quality issue
    -Phone restarting bug issue
    -Poor sales numbers( HTC drop in revenue last year)

    The Thunderbolt was the first 4G LTE phone but it did not set a precedent like the EVO 4G, G1, Droid, etc. What it did do is start up roar like no other in forum which I won't go into. The internet press could not ignore issues around Thunderbolt which hid the fact that it's still a solid device.( After several long a waited updates as well a stabile 4G Network.)

    The Thunderbolt is hardly a memorible name to masses and the minority(US) are not enough to fuel enomically for HTC or Verizon to make a Thunderbolt 2. HTC and Verizon I can certainly guarantee their won't be a Thunderbolt 2 at least by name anyways.
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______
  24. #24  

    Default Re: What will be the next Thunderbolt?!

    Do you hear us HTC? We want a new Tbolt with more goodies and the same kickstand!
  25. #25  
    FrankXS's Avatar

    Posts
    3,148 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bunique4life05 View Post
    -The delayed launch debacle(delayed or not?)
    -Poor battery life out the gate
    -No gingerbread (one of the last to get it)
    -Lack of 4G coverage
    -3G to 4G bug issues
    -Speaker quality issue
    -Phone restarting bug issue
    -Poor sales numbers( HTC drop in revenue last year)
    My thoughts...
    -Launch wasn't delayed
    -Battery life not far from any other 4g phone
    -The Thunderbolt was the FIRST VZW 4g phone to be upgraded to Gingerbread -- the first.
    -3g/4g coverage same as any other 4g phone
    -Same 3g to 4g issues as any other 4g phone
    -My speaker is okay
    -My phone didn't restart then, or now
    -Don't believe the TBolt can be blamed for general HTC sales numbers

    -Frank

    Sent using Tapatalk 2
    [HTC Thunderbolt™ 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!©
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]
    Thanked by 2:
    johnriii and redcat22 like this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions