Sense 4.0

medic673

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Ok heard all the hype, seen the screen shots but not one peep on when or if is coming to Tbolt!

Anyone have any news?

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Well, I'd say you guys will get it. VZW already said officially that the TBOLT is getting ICS, so just give it a little time. I do know one thing though. The updates to Sense cost the carrier per handset. The Android updates are free. At least that's how Sprint it explained to me. :)

Sent from the greatest HTC EVO 4G ever made!!!

Reactions: MRM00R3

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Actually, most reports on the subject would indicate that the Thunderbolt (as well as most of the other HTC phones in it's class), will only receive Sense 3.6 as part of its ICS package.

Of course, this could be wrong...but we all know 1 of 3 things will happen:
1. Thunderbolt gets an official ICS update, with Sense 3.6 (most likely, based on current info)
2. Thunderbolt gets an official ICS update, with Sense 4.0 (less likely)
3. The official Thunderbolt ICS update never actually materializes, infuriating many (more likely than any of us want to believe).

mrtonk

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Actually, most reports on the subject would indicate that the Thunderbolt (as well as most of the other HTC phones in it's class), will only receive Sense 3.6 as part of its ICS package.

Of course, this could be wrong...but we all know 1 of 3 things will happen:
1. Thunderbolt gets an official ICS update, with Sense 3.6 (most likely, based on current info)
2. Thunderbolt gets an official ICS update, with Sense 4.0 (less likely)
3. The official Thunderbolt ICS update never actually materializes, infuriating many (more likely than any of us want to believe).

Actually, I think it is a workflow:

1. Devs receive a Thunderbolt leak of Sense 3.6 with ICS.
2. Devs port Sense 4.0 to Thunderbolt leak, which becomes the new awesome for those of us who like Sense.
3. Verizon pushes an OTA of Sense 3.6 with ICS to everyone else.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

"I went back to Sense when I realized how much work I was putting into making AOSP look like Sense."

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I got an ICS upgrade for my tablet, and I'm not sure I care if my ThunderBolt ever gets it.
It's not a big deal, IMHO.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Actually, I think it is a workflow:

1. Devs receive a Thunderbolt leak of Sense 3.6 with ICS.
2. Devs port Sense 4.0 to Thunderbolt leak, which becomes the new awesome for those of us who like Sense.
3. Verizon pushes an OTA of Sense 3.6 with ICS to everyone else.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

"I went back to Sense when I realized how much work I was putting into making AOSP look like Sense."

Well, yeah, that is the typical way things go...obviously I was referring only to the "official" release.

Hey, I'd be perfectly happy with that option. In fact, that would be my preference! This phone is working so well for me at this point, LEAVE. IT. ALONE. :p

I got an ICS upgrade for my tablet, and I'm not sure I care if my ThunderBolt ever gets it.
It's not a big deal, IMHO.

While both of these statements are sound and logical, I think we all know that the majority on these forums will be quite upset if ICS never materializes, given the hype and previous statements by HTC. That said, I'm not gonna worry too much about it -- I'll most likely be updating my phone in the fall, and my TB runs great as is...getting ICS would just be a nice bonus.

Given the 18 month schedule I keep for phones (and as expected by most American carriers), I never really expect more than 1 major update during it's lifespan, and we've already gone from Froyo to Gingerbread.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Well, yeah, that is the typical way things go...obviously I was referring only to the "official" release.

While both of these statements are sound and logical, I think we all know that the majority on these forums will be quite upset if ICS never materializes, given the hype and previous statements by HTC. That said, I'm not gonna worry too much about it -- I'll most likely be updating my phone in the fall, and my TB runs great as is...getting ICS would just be a nice bonus.

Given the 18 month schedule I keep for phones (and as expected by most American carriers), I never really expect more than 1 major update during it's lifespan, and we've already gone from Froyo to Gingerbread.

But the majority on these forums are probably the minority overall. My main concern with ICS is that it's a much bigger jump than Froyo to Gingerbread and could have the potential for more/bigger bugs and subsequent OTA updates to fix them, meanwhile we suffer. I'm also concerned about getting any type of major update considering the one year warranty period has now expired and the fact my Thunderbolt is working so well on Gingerbread and I plan on keeping it for the forseeable future.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki