Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Default Re: What will be you Tbolt replacement?

I'm in the class of "naive bliss". I've had my Tbolt since late november, and since I don't know what I'm missing, I'm quite happy with it, especially since I haven't had to experience the "bugs" that a lot of people dealt with at launch. I'm still on my honeymoon, so it's hard to look at another phone right now. seriously, I will probably end up with any good smartphone that comes out Early 2013, since my upgrade isn't for 15 months.

I want a One X, but it'll be the next htc phone on verizon that has a 4.3 in screen or bigger.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2

I have been sitting on an upgrade since December. I am not in a hurry to get a new phone. If something comes out that appeals to me I will consider it.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    You can observe a lot by watching- Yogi Berra

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

I'm waiting on the Galaxy Journal (Galaxy Note on Verizon). If it is not available by November or something else over 5 inches I just may witch to AT&T.

If I was upgrading today? I'd like the One X if it were on Verizon, but since it's not...I don't know, guess I'd consider the GNex?

It's a tough question to answer, because I know the landscape of available devices will be vastly different by this fall when I am eligible for an upgrade...and for once I'm actually GLAD to have some time to wait. My Thunderbolt runs great, and there really are no VZW phones that jump out and scream "BUY ME!" right now. I'm hoping that some really impressive devices make their way to Verizon by this fall!

I have two rezound now, got my first one for $50 less than 2 weeks after release. The thunderbolt was okay minus the random shut downs, reboots and data drops. The rezound has a great screen, 250% more pixels than the thunderbolt, and to me, a noticeably sharper screen. I also haven't had any reboots or random shut downs, and much less data drops with either of my current rezound. I do live in a somewhat marginal signal area though, so that is probably a factor with my problems. Gnex was crossed off my list because of its radio problems when it first came out.

I am too far off to even think about my next phone. March of 2013 is my upgrade. I am really happy with my ThunderBolt so I will let you guys work all that out.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyJoe View Post
    I am too far off to even think about my next phone. March of 2013 is my upgrade. I am really happy with my ThunderBolt so I will let you guys work all that out.
    Me too! March 2013. This has been great for me

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Quote Originally Posted by cadzilla74 View Post
    I love my original TBolt and have never had to replace it (even after numerous involuntary impact tests). I have suffered along with many here with the growing pains to be finally rewarded with the updates that finally took advantage of the hardware capabilities and Verizon LTE speeds that were originally promised. The temptations to root were strong but I just stayed the course with the stock setup and the updates as they were released. It was never a bad phone for me from day one. I didn't suffer many of the radio issues or reboots others went through. My battery life has always been livable since I have a charger at home, in the car and at work so I'm rarely dependent on the battery for more than a couple of hours at a time.

I'd like to get ICS on it and an updated version of Sense even if it isn't full 4.0. I actually like Sense which some people don't. I consider it a good starting point for a launcher/interface over the stock OS and have had no problems customizing my user experience with dozens of free aftermarket apps that have made this phone a remarkable daily companion.

My hope would be to see Verizon adopt something similar to the One X without effing it up or kludging it with too much of their bloatware and restrictions. I have a strong feeling whatever I replace my TBolt with is going to come from HTC and I'm probably going to root the new phone and get into a whole new ballgame going forward. Right now I'm not even looking for. nor envious of, anything else out there.
    +1 I got mine just after the release and went through the auto reset issues but after that it has been the best phone I ever owned. Looking forward to the ICS and Sense upgrade (I too seem to be in the minority and actually like Sense) and VZ lighting up the area with 4G , more than look forward to replacing the phone. I will look when my contract comes up but it will be Very casual.

ROM
    cyanogenmod & stock

Because of verizon axing the 1yr upgrades and their new 30 dollar (bend over and take it) upgrade fee i will be very very picky about my next android. It MUST have a removeable battery, a memory card slot, 4.5 or 4.7 inch screen, 8mp rear camera or higher, be fully rootable, and have a 4-1 core processor.

Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.09

What ROM are the guys that are loving their TBolt running?
    Verizon Galaxy Nexus

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Quote Originally Posted by kylep23 View Post
    Stock OTA.

-Frank
    [HTC Thunderbolt 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]

ROM
    cyanogenmod & stock

I have used both cyanogenmod if you want the basics or a more htcish syle bamf

Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I am like Frank. Stock. I am not necessarily afraid of rooting, I just don't have the time or inclination to tinker right now. If I still have this phone at the end of my contract, I might go that route.

Stock (latest 2.11.605.9), not rooted (rooting is not for me).

Running BAMF Forever 1.11, best ROM I've tried. Can't even imagine still being stock. :O

Sent from my ADR6400L using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
    "Greetings, people. Greetings. Greetings and salutations. What a beautiful day for a ball game. Let's play two!"

Enjoyed the Thunderbolt running stock, along with a few custom ROMs.
    Got a good deal for a Razr Maxx. Still have my upgrade if something else comes out. Had problems with the Maxx, but I think it was due to a faulty SDcard. So far the Maxx has been working great after taking out the faulty SDcard.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    263 Global Posts
    ROM
    bugless beast

My next device will probably be whatever the next nexus is? If Verizon gets something similar to the One X I might go for that too.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I got my thunderbolt on launch day and have dealt with bugs, delayed updates, random reboots, and the kickstand peeling. I have now decided this weekend to part ways with my bolt and move on to a nexus.

Quote Originally Posted by Air Force One View Post
    Running BAMF Forever 1.11, best ROM I've tried. Can't even imagine still being stock. :O

Sent from my ADR6400L using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
    Thunderstick Full Blown. I can't imagine still running forever and i did run it for a long time.

Sent from my Thunderstick using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    I am like Frank. Stock. I am not necessarily afraid of rooting, I just don't have the time or inclination to tinker right now. If I still have this phone at the end of my contract, I might go that route.
    Best pun in thread.

Sent from my Thunderstick using Tapatalk

whatever phone Verizon gets that is a 4G LTE WORLD Phone. Hopefully this will happen before November.

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Quote Originally Posted by jdoute13 View Post
    whatever phone Verizon gets that is a 4G LTE WORLD Phone. Hopefully this will happen before November.
    I doubt it. I think we've seen the last of so called "world" phones that incorporate GSM when it comes to LTE capable phones. I think VZW is gonna wait for the rest of the world to catch up to them in LTE technology and then LTE will be the "world" phone.

-Frank
    [HTC Thunderbolt 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]

Quote Originally Posted by jdoute13 View Post
    The Rezound isn't a world phone, but has some gsm. capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankXS View Post
    I doubt it. I think we've seen the last of so called "world" phones that incorporate GSM when it comes to LTE capable phones. I think VZW is gonna wait for the rest of the world to catch up to them in LTE technology and then LTE will be the "world" phone.

-Frank
    Unfortunately I think you are right, Frank. I've actually had a couple Verizon reps tell me that LTE is the "world" phone - but the rest of the world hasn't caught up yet. Yes it's true that other countries will be adopting LTE at some point, but the issue will be what frequency.... Our LTE phones still may not be compatible. <sigh>.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast