touch screen unresponsive

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Even though I love my Tbolt and am always tinkering with it all the time, I'm not very technically saavy. I know the basics, but this one has me stumped, especially since it has stopped. I'm using Go launcher EX instead of HTC Sense, have been for about two months. all of a sudden, it's taking me 3-4 swipes to move from one home screen to another, and I'm opening apps that I didn't mean to open, because it seems that the screen is taking too long to respond to my finger. I went back to my original (HTC) set up, and it was doing the same thing. so I powered down and back up again, and it was still doing it. after about 30 minutes, it began responding normally again, and has been fine since. any explanations for that? any guidance on this would be appreciated. thanks.

isaacdibb1095

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Even though I love my Tbolt and am always tinkering with it all the time, I'm not very technically saavy. I know the basics, but this one has me stumped, especially since it has stopped. I'm using Go launcher EX instead of HTC Sense, have been for about two months. all of a sudden, it's taking me 3-4 swipes to move from one home screen to another, and I'm opening apps that I didn't mean to open, because it seems that the screen is taking too long to respond to my finger. I went back to my original (HTC) set up, and it was doing the same thing. so I powered down and back up again, and it was still doing it. after about 30 minutes, it began responding normally again, and has been fine since. any explanations for that? any guidance on this would be appreciated. thanks.

Sounds like a fixable issue. Do a battery pull and keep your battery out for about 5 mins or so and put it back in and boot up your phone. If that doesn't fix your issue, you could try recalabrating your screen. This will be found in Settings; Display; G-Sensor Calibration. If all else fails, you can just have Verizon send you a factory refurb because it is within the one year manufacturers warranty:)

Hope this helps:)
-Isaac-

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a hardware issue. Did you drop it or get water on it recently. I would try a factory reset and if that does not fix it take it to Verizon and get it replaced

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I knew there was somewhere in settings that I could look into this, I just didn't know where. if it happens again, I will try this. oddly enough, my wife's phone was doing the same thing at the same time. :confused:

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
nah, no drops ever with my phone, and no water as well. it's fine at the moment, which is frustrating because the problem seems to be over, for now.

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a fixable issue. Do a battery pull and keep your battery out for about 5 mins or so and put it back in and boot up your phone. If that doesn't fix your issue, you could try recalabrating your screen. This will be found in Settings; Display; G-Sensor Calibration. If all else fails, you can just have Verizon send you a factory refurb because it is within the one year manufacturers warranty:)

Hope this helps:)
-Isaac-

LOL...I did the calibration, and it's faster than ever!!! thanks a bunch...now lets see if it happens again....

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

Sounds like something may have had the CPU pegged out causing major lag. As mentioned already, a power off and battery pull is a good start to reset the device and ensure a clean slate. Othewise, any new apps installed just before this happened that may have caused a spike in the CPU? Did you notice a lot of network activity (may be something trying to sync a large amount of data)?

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like something may have had the CPU pegged out causing major lag. As mentioned already, a power off and battery pull is a good start to reset the device and ensure a clean slate. Othewise, any new apps installed just before this happened that may have caused a spike in the CPU? Did you notice a lot of network activity (may be something trying to sync a large amount of data)?

nothing unusual downloaded from the market recently. mostly themes from the Go launcher library. i will try the battery pull if this happens again. so far today, no issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21