Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default touch screen unresponsive

    Even though I love my Tbolt and am always tinkering with it all the time, I'm not very technically saavy. I know the basics, but this one has me stumped, especially since it has stopped. I'm using Go launcher EX instead of HTC Sense, have been for about two months. all of a sudden, it's taking me 3-4 swipes to move from one home screen to another, and I'm opening apps that I didn't mean to open, because it seems that the screen is taking too long to respond to my finger. I went back to my original (HTC) set up, and it was doing the same thing. so I powered down and back up again, and it was still doing it. after about 30 minutes, it began responding normally again, and has been fine since. any explanations for that? any guidance on this would be appreciated. thanks.
  2. #2  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnriii View Post
    Even though I love my Tbolt and am always tinkering with it all the time, I'm not very technically saavy. I know the basics, but this one has me stumped, especially since it has stopped. I'm using Go launcher EX instead of HTC Sense, have been for about two months. all of a sudden, it's taking me 3-4 swipes to move from one home screen to another, and I'm opening apps that I didn't mean to open, because it seems that the screen is taking too long to respond to my finger. I went back to my original (HTC) set up, and it was doing the same thing. so I powered down and back up again, and it was still doing it. after about 30 minutes, it began responding normally again, and has been fine since. any explanations for that? any guidance on this would be appreciated. thanks.
    Sounds like a fixable issue. Do a battery pull and keep your battery out for about 5 mins or so and put it back in and boot up your phone. If that doesn't fix your issue, you could try recalabrating your screen. This will be found in Settings; Display; G-Sensor Calibration. If all else fails, you can just have Verizon send you a factory refurb because it is within the one year manufacturers warranty

    Hope this helps
    -Isaac-
    Razr Maxx- THE BEAST
    Droid 4
    Droid 3
    -Isaac-
  3. #3  
    yodatom10's Avatar

    Posts
    1,884 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,043 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: touch screen unresponsive

    Sounds like a hardware issue. Did you drop it or get water on it recently. I would try a factory reset and if that does not fix it take it to Verizon and get it replaced
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: touch screen unresponsive

    I knew there was somewhere in settings that I could look into this, I just didn't know where. if it happens again, I will try this. oddly enough, my wife's phone was doing the same thing at the same time.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: touch screen unresponsive

    nah, no drops ever with my phone, and no water as well. it's fine at the moment, which is frustrating because the problem seems to be over, for now.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: touch screen unresponsive

    Quote Originally Posted by isaacdibb1095 View Post
    Sounds like a fixable issue. Do a battery pull and keep your battery out for about 5 mins or so and put it back in and boot up your phone. If that doesn't fix your issue, you could try recalabrating your screen. This will be found in Settings; Display; G-Sensor Calibration. If all else fails, you can just have Verizon send you a factory refurb because it is within the one year manufacturers warranty

    Hope this helps
    -Isaac-
    LOL...I did the calibration, and it's faster than ever!!! thanks a bunch...now lets see if it happens again....
  7. #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnriii View Post
    LOL...I did the calibration, and it's faster than ever!!! thanks a bunch...now lets see if it happens again....
    Your welcome!
    Razr Maxx- THE BEAST
    Droid 4
    Droid 3
    -Isaac-
  8. #8  

    Default Re: touch screen unresponsive

    Quote Originally Posted by johnriii View Post
    Even though I love my Tbolt and am always tinkering with it all the time, I'm not very technically saavy. I know the basics, but this one has me stumped, especially since it has stopped. I'm using Go launcher EX instead of HTC Sense, have been for about two months. all of a sudden, it's taking me 3-4 swipes to move from one home screen to another, and I'm opening apps that I didn't mean to open, because it seems that the screen is taking too long to respond to my finger. I went back to my original (HTC) set up, and it was doing the same thing. so I powered down and back up again, and it was still doing it. after about 30 minutes, it began responding normally again, and has been fine since. any explanations for that? any guidance on this would be appreciated. thanks.
    Sounds like something may have had the CPU pegged out causing major lag. As mentioned already, a power off and battery pull is a good start to reset the device and ensure a clean slate. Othewise, any new apps installed just before this happened that may have caused a spike in the CPU? Did you notice a lot of network activity (may be something trying to sync a large amount of data)?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: touch screen unresponsive

    Quote Originally Posted by Synycalwon View Post
    Sounds like something may have had the CPU pegged out causing major lag. As mentioned already, a power off and battery pull is a good start to reset the device and ensure a clean slate. Othewise, any new apps installed just before this happened that may have caused a spike in the CPU? Did you notice a lot of network activity (may be something trying to sync a large amount of data)?
    nothing unusual downloaded from the market recently. mostly themes from the Go launcher library. i will try the battery pull if this happens again. so far today, no issues.

Posting Permissions

B