Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bluetooth to pc issues

I'm trying to figure out how to send, receive, and browse files via Bluetooth on my windows 7 pc. This is how I used to transfer pictures from my old samsung flip phone, before usb cables became popular. I'm having trouble however. My computer always acts like it's going to pair and it does, but then it has a error saying drivers could not be installed. I can still do some things like listen to my music over my pc, and talk on the phone through the pc, but no file transfer. Surely a phone as advanced as the Thunderbolt can do what my old samsung flip could do 5 years ago.

ROM
    unrooted 2.11.605.19

Default Re: Bluetooth to pc issues

I haven't used Bluetooth for FTP only Wi-Fi. Specs show "Bluetooth FTP file server Y". Not sure if you need Debug Mode enabled... I know it's required for USB.
    LG EnV => BB Storm => BB Bold 9650 => HTC Thunderbolt
    all with extended batteries......

Not sure about Win7 but works slick with WinXP. I would recommend Astro FileManager BT module. Using this, a dedicated PC folder will show up on the device as a folder.
    Alternatively, (and likely much faster than BT), you could use Dropbox. Files sent from the device will automatically sync with your PC's.
    If you don't have an account, you can use this link and both of us will get an additional 500mb free storage.

http://db.tt/ZKPGrLL
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

That astro file manager may work for what I need. I just want easy wireless access to all my sd card files with my computer, I'm having a hard time believing that's not a standard feature on smartphones nowadays. I'll give astro a try and let you know if it works. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleSwine View Post
    I haven't used Bluetooth for FTP only Wi-Fi. Specs show "Bluetooth FTP file server Y". Not sure if you need Debug Mode enabled... I know it's required for USB.
    I have debug mode on because it makes it a faster and more secure process for the data to be transfered.
    Razr Maxx- THE BEAST
    Droid 4
    Droid 3
    -Isaac-