Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Default Re: Battery draining very fast all of the sudden

Quote Originally Posted by redcat22 View Post
    Yup that's the dialer bug and unfortunately the only way to stop it (until the next call you make) is to reboot.
    Sorry, am new to this and not sure how to ask a question - but does reboot mean factory reset or the full hard reset?

The past two months have been horrible - more reboots, horrible connection to 4 g, dropped calls, etc. The phone was great for me up until the last update in May. That screwed everything up for me and I just sat on my hands and wanted to wait it out until my upgrade in February or for the releases of ICS. The past two mornings, my phone has rebooted 3 times on my way into work and when it does reboot, the battery is completely drained. I just got off the phone with Verizon and they gave me an early upgrade and I went with the Razr HD. I will never buy anything HTC again as a result of this phone. Maybe the Woz was right all along?

Default Samsung Galaxy Note 2 battery draining very fast all of a sudden

A week ago I bought Samsung Galaxy Note 2. First 3 days were awsome my battery lasted in stand by mode for 3 full days. Then suddenly it started draining and at one point with GPS navigation I lost 100% power in 10 minutes. I am novice in Andriod OS. I have opened the "Developer options" in settings and set the background processes to none. Plus removed all the touch sounds and hepatic feedbacks. it worked and again I am getting 2-3 full days of standby. With Navigation also the battery performance is very decent.

I've has happened several times lately, but as an example, this morning my battery was at 99%. I was on facebook, and hit a link to a site - went to it through Firefox - and after a few seconds, the screen begins to flicker, and the phone shuts down. Upon restarting the battery is at 40%. Back of the phone got slightly warmer.

If this happens when I am under 70% to start, it pretty much drains the battery completely, and upon restart gives the 2 beep warning to plug in the charger.

(Samsung S2 - Sprint)

ONLY happens after going to internet, happens quite often.

And just to throw in a little conspiracy theory, it seems that this started happening after I started visiting some of the left and right wing politically charged websites. Has anyone had any similar experiences?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12