The ThunderBolt's HTC Calendar Snooze DOES Work!

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
If you already know that the calendar snooze works, you can skip this. This is for slow learners, like me! :D

Okay, I thought the TBolt's calendar snooze function did not work. But it does. After all this time (since release) I found out what is going on. It's simply designed slightly different than the MS Outlook methods.

Here's the deal...

If you set a reminder for the default 15 minute interval, it does remind you 15 minutes before the appointment. But if you hit snooze it never comes up again. Folks thought this meant that snooze was not working (including me). But, the catch is this: The auto-snooze is set internally at 15 minutes. So, 15 minutes later it does NOT notify you again because that is the actual time of the appointment. But, if you set your reminder 20 minutes (or more) ahead of the appointment, it DOES snooze properly. It will alert you 20 minutes in advance and then again 15 minutes later (5 in advance in this case). It will continue to alert/snooze for each 15 minute increment thereafter until the appointment time.

The issue was that the manual never mentioned this 15 minute internal pre-set snooze timeout that cannot be adjusted.

So, YAY...

The solution is to just set your default reminder to more than 15 minutes and you're set!

Don't forget to do the same on the web Google calendar too, if you care. That way, if you occasionally use your web Google calendar to enter appointments, it will produce the same reminder results on your phone as when entered via your phone.

-Frank

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21