tbolt wont stop re-booting
06-27-2012 10:42 AM
- yes its rooted with sky raider
and it wont stop rebooting after its been on the charger.
what can be the cause of this and how can i make it stop.
screen will go black, vibrate, show gingerbread/thunderbolt screen.
vibrate, then go black again. it will continue to do this until the battery is completely dead.
i miss my thunder bolt so much and i cant stand the spectrum. please help me out
ive checked other forums to see if anybody has had this issue and so far im the only one.04-29-2012 11:35 AM
- This actually started to happen to my T bolt also. I was running liquid gingerbread 3.2 and all of a sudden the phone wouldnt stop rebooting. I ultimately ended up switching to infected 3.5 rom and fixed the permissions in recovery. My phone hasnt really been bugging out since.
Try restarting in boot loader and fix the app permissions, clear the cache also. See if that works.
Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 204-29-2012 12:05 PM
- 05-03-2012 12:36 AM
- so finally got to the recovery. through the white screen. and fixed permissions, and wiped delvik cache. is there anything i can do to prevent this from happening please let me know soon. im going to try to plug it to the charger and pull it off. thats usually the catalyst that starts the rebooting loop.05-03-2012 04:31 PM
- 05-05-2012 05:51 AM
Here are some links to external chargers (I've been using the Seidio one since getting the phone back in April 2011):
Amazon.com: Seidio HTC ThunderBolt and myTouch 4G Multi-Function Battery Charger - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
Seidio Multi-Function Spare Battery Charger for HTC Merge, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Rezound
HTC Battery Charger for HTC Rezound, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Merge, HTC MyTouch 4G06-26-2012 08:53 PM
1. Get into the RECOVERY screen
2. Wipe Cache (data and partition)
3. Go to MOUNT
4. Scroll down to "format/system" and pick that and then pick to FORMAT it....don't worry, it doesn't touch your SD card. I have formatted the SYSTEM 50+ times with no issues.
5. Pull the Battery and remove your SD card and put Infected ROM 3.5 (or any ROM you want) onto the card in the home directory. Make sure you rename it to "PG05IMG" (without quotes).
6. Power up your phone by holding the VOLUME DOWN + Power at the same time (you probably already knew that).
7. Go into BOOTLOADER and let it do it's thing....follow the screen.
8. After everything is HOPEFULLY running smoothly....make sure you REMOVE the PGO5IMG file when you are done or you will learn the hard way that everytime you go into BOOTLOADER, it will install.....LOLOLOL...I speak from experience.
If after all that it still isn't working....then get a replacement phone. My daughter has been through 7 phones herself.....2 she broke (cracked screen)...the others where CRAP phones!06-27-2012 10:42 AM
- More Android Goodness
- The Archives
- Android Central Archives
- Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
tbolt wont stop re-booting
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD