OTA Downloading now!

firepsych

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Are all you people running the un-adulterated Verizon software and unrooted? If different what would it do to a rooted device running a rooted/deodexed version of the 2.11.605.9?

Stock virgin VZW Gingerbread

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
One thing the upgrade did was messed up my defaults. It made Sense the default launcher which was no real biggie, wiped the default out and it allowed me to reselect GoLauncher. But the real pain now is it reset the default browser and I can't get that to unset. I can choose another browser but I can't set it to ask me every time any more. I have Dolphin for sites that use Flash and Firefox for most everything else and I liked choosing each time.

Not super critical, but dumb.

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I have found no real differences either so far except where I used to be able to select an alternate browser for a shortcut it now goes to the delivered browser. I do find this browser seems to be much faster than it used to be, though I havent really used it in a long time. Anyone else?

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I forgot about this that I had posted in the "New updates, not ICS" thread. There are new settings called "App associations" under Menu, Settings, Applications. It allows you to change what application to use for certain functions:

(I'm guessing the number of entries for each may vary depending on what apps you have installed)
Phone Number (Dialer): one entry - Phone
Email address: two entries - Gmail and Mail
Physical address: two entries - Maps and VZ Navigator
Web URLS: one entry - Internet
Map address: four entries - Footprints, Internet, Maps, VZ Navigator
Streaming link: one entry - Streaming Media Player
Online audio download by webview: two entries - Streaming Media Player and TuneWiki
Online video download by webview: one entry - Streaming Media Player

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I forgot about this that I had posted in the "New updates, not ICS" thread. There are new settings called "App associations" under Menu, Settings, Applications. It allows you to change what application to use for certain functions:

(I'm guessing the number of entries for each may vary depending on what apps you have installed)
Online audio download by webview: two entries - Streaming Media Player and TuneWiki

Many thanks, you are correct! Its off the Applications menu.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I have found no real differences either so far except where I used to be able to select an alternate browser for a shortcut it now goes to the delivered browser. I do find this browser seems to be much faster than it used to be, though I havent really used it in a long time. Anyone else?

Have my update here too. Minimal differences here too, but I do see that the stock browser is faster. Could be due to a cleaned-up cache or something, we'll have to see how that stands after a few days.

I too see the new menu item under "applications". Bummed to see web urls were set by default back to the stock browser - reverted that back to Dolphin myself.

Now I'll just pray that this fixes the issue I had with my router dropping the phone in Wifi mode ...

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

Right. Changed that to Firefox, but there's no way to clear the association. If I go to apps and remove the default, it goes back to the android browser. I like to pick a browser each time.

Minor problem, but it's an odd bug.

firepsych

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Just had my first forced reboot. First time it's happened in the 6 months I've had the phone.
Coincidence? I think not.

I'm going with a conspiracy between Big Red and HTC to convince us to upgrade to new phones.

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Was on road last night. Took out phone, found update started on its own. Never finished properly. All I get is update failed msg. Tried battery and sim pull. Still fails. I have a feeling software was never actually downloaded. as software update msg sez 0kb, ok defer, reject. I have tried all 3, hoping to get it to download again, to no avail.

Last edited:

rocco225

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
It seems to have helped the hotspot disconnect issue. I can surf for about 15 min without getting dropped. This is an improvment believe it or not. Mine always used to drop out after 5 minutes or so. I will be testing it further today.

This was never an issue for some people. It seems like 50% of the handsets had faulty hotspots.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Running the new update.. any rumor of better battery life?

I've been running this software build since flashing the full RUU April 20 and have not noticed any difference in battery life.

Just had my first forced reboot. First time it's happened in the 6 months I've had the phone.
Coincidence? I think not.

I'm going with a conspiracy between Big Red and HTC to convince us to upgrade to new phones.

If that were the case, it would be happening to most of us. I haven't experienced a random reboot since last summer on the old MR1 software. First thing I'd try is a power off, battery and SIM pull for five minutes. If it continues after that, try a master (factory) reset to get back to a clean state. :)

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Was on road last night. Took out phone, found update started on its own. Never finished properly. All I get is update failed msg. Tried battery and sim pull. Still fails. I have a feeling software was never actually downloaded. as software update msg sez 0kb, ok defer, reject. I have tried all 3, hoping to get it to download again, to no avail.

You could try clearing data in the Download Manager app per this thread:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...-forums/129232-update-failed.html#post1366461

Reactions: ggrr8t

firepsych

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I've been running this software build since flashing the full RUU April 20 and have not noticed any difference in battery life.

If that were the case, it would be happening to most of us. I haven't experienced a random reboot since last summer on the old MR1 software. First thing I'd try is a power off, battery and SIM pull for five minutes. If it continues after that, try a master (factory) reset to get back to a clean state. :)

My theory is much more fun and interesting than your solution.
When given a choice; I go with fun and interesting :rolleyes:

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
My theory is much more fun and interesting than your solution.
When given a choice; I go with fun and interesting :rolleyes:

LOL Sorry, I've been known to be a stick in the mud. Too much like Spock in that logic rules my thoughts and emotions are highly suppressed... :-[ :p

Dirty Crow

May 19, 2010
Visit site
*EDIT; fixed.*

wow, this thing will not let me use dolphin as the default browser anymore! I've cleared the default and set dolphin as the default and still it only opens the stock browser and never even asks which browser I want to use! anyone else find a fix to this?

Last edited:

firepsych

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
LOL Sorry, I've been known to be a stick in the mud. Too much like Spock in that logic rules my thoughts and emotions are highly suppressed... :-[ :p

I'm more like Ensign #1. I get taken out before the first commercial break.

dachillfx

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Was hoping it would have my phone charge fully to 100%. So where do I go from here? I can only charge to 86-88% that's about 3800-4000mv. My battery use shortcut. Never reset I charge everyday. It is showing over 6days in use and we all know Thunderbolt can't last that long on a single charge. Not even razr maxx. Can I get some help/ recommendations? Please...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy