LG EnV => BB Storm => BB Bold 9650 => HTC Thunderbolt
    all with extended batteries......

Default Re: OTA Downloading now!

d/l now..

All done here.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

Done here too. Sense has FC 3 times since. Yay.

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Just checked for it and downloaded (yay for 4G, I had been in a 3G/4G fringe area all day). Two white screen re-starts and then the familiar thunderous re-start, then a couple of more white screens - Loading - Loading - Loading, aaaannnd, now I have to re-set my Skin and then my wallpaper. Have to delete New York from the clock again, and holy moly - battery went from 90% to 70%. And, ah, yes, delete all those re-installed bookmarks I never use from my browser.
    Current Personal Devices: Droid MAXX XT1080M; Sero 7 Pro
    Previous Personal Devices:
    Compaq HPC / Palm IIIc / Moto Bag Phone / Moto Flip Phone / StarTAC 7860 / StarTAC 7868 / v60s / GZ1 Type V / GZ1 Boulder / Thunderbolt
    Current Work Device: iPhone4
    Previous Work Devices:
    Moto "Lingo" L3000 iDEN / R750 / i355 / i580 + BB 8703 / BB 8830 / BB8330 / i576 + BB 9650 Storm

Lots of problems still exist in this update. We need ICS quick, but I can't imagine it coming anytime soon after getting an update today.

All done here, too.

Think Ill wait and see what additional problems everyone has.

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

I rooted using [Tool] Root 2.11.605.9 and .19, no downgrade or data wipe! and recall seeing warnings about installing the .19 update on a rooted device. The OTA finished downloading and I've deferred it. Is it safe to allow the OTA to install? Or, were those warning about installing the RUU and not the OTA? Thanks!

Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    ROM
    SfK CM7

Done.
    Been running for about an hour or so now. Holy cow the browser is blazing fast with this build.

Just kidding.

It took about 3 reboots to settle in.

I'm running Nemus Launcher so I haven't had any Sense issues.

Screen brightness on Auto seems a little brighter.

Seems to take a little longer to render the home screen after unlocking. Like Go Launcher Ex did before the last few updates. I'm using the stock HTC lock screen.

Other than that I haven't noticed anything.

BB 8330 (Curve)---> 9530 (Storm) --> 8330 (Curve) --> 9650 (Bold) -->HTC - rooted Thunderbolt NuSunse 5.2 with NuKernel & Nook HD+ 32G - CM 10.2

Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    ROM
    SfK CM7

Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Duke View Post
    Lots of problems still exist in this update. We need ICS quick, but I can't imagine it coming anytime soon after getting an update today.
    Like what kinds of problems? Does it introduce new issues or just fail to resolve old ones?

BB 8330 (Curve)---> 9530 (Storm) --> 8330 (Curve) --> 9650 (Bold) -->HTC - rooted Thunderbolt NuSunse 5.2 with NuKernel & Nook HD+ 32G - CM 10.2

I dont see any changes. My email still does not auto sync as per schedule in settings.

I haven't noticed any difference (good or bad) here since flashing the leaked 2.11.605.19 RUU back on April 20. Phone still works as well as it did before.

For those who may have issues old or new, you may need to try a master (factory) reset to start from a clean state. That's always cleared the few issues I've ever had.

ROM
    Stock

Drat, here goes my 1200 hours of uptime.

Done w/ OTA upgrade... not seeing any improvements or issues right out of the gate, but did notice that Cisco AnyConnect VPN still does not look to be working...(as listed in the Verzion Update Release for this OTA) anyone else try AnyConnect after the Upgrade?

Still in love with my TB and now even more after the update.

Sent from my Thunderbolt.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - HTC Droid Incredible - HTC Thunderbolt - Asus Transformer TF101-B1 with dock - Nook Color - Logitech Revue.

Quote Originally Posted by firepsych View Post
    Like what kinds of problems? Does it introduce new issues or just fail to resolve old ones?

So far I've only noticed old ones. The two that stick out the most to me are the white HTC screen when Sense force closes and the missed call notification not clearing itself after taping on it.

Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    ROM
    SfK CM7

Gotcha. Haven't had a problem with those.

Are all you people running the un-adulterated Verizon software and unrooted? If different what would it do to a rooted device running a rooted/deodexed version of the 2.11.605.9?

Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    ROM
    SfK CM7

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_B View Post
    Are all you people running the un-adulterated Verizon software and unrooted? If different what would it do to a rooted device running a rooted/deodexed version of the 2.11.605.9?
    Stock virgin VZW Gingerbread

ROM
    Stock

One thing the upgrade did was messed up my defaults. It made Sense the default launcher which was no real biggie, wiped the default out and it allowed me to reselect GoLauncher. But the real pain now is it reset the default browser and I can't get that to unset. I can choose another browser but I can't set it to ask me every time any more. I have Dolphin for sites that use Flash and Firefox for most everything else and I liked choosing each time.

Not super critical, but dumb.

I have found no real differences either so far except where I used to be able to select an alternate browser for a shortcut it now goes to the delivered browser. I do find this browser seems to be much faster than it used to be, though I havent really used it in a long time. Anyone else?

I forgot about this that I had posted in the "New updates, not ICS" thread. There are new settings called "App associations" under Menu, Settings, Applications. It allows you to change what application to use for certain functions:

(I'm guessing the number of entries for each may vary depending on what apps you have installed)
    Phone Number (Dialer): one entry - Phone
    Email address: two entries - Gmail and Mail
    Physical address: two entries - Maps and VZ Navigator
    Web URLS: one entry - Internet
    Map address: four entries - Footprints, Internet, Maps, VZ Navigator
    Streaming link: one entry - Streaming Media Player
    Online audio download by webview: two entries - Streaming Media Player and TuneWiki
    Online video download by webview: one entry - Streaming Media Player
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by Synycalwon View Post
    I forgot about this that I had posted in the "New updates, not ICS" thread. There are new settings called "App associations" under Menu, Settings, Applications. It allows you to change what application to use for certain functions:

(I'm guessing the number of entries for each may vary depending on what apps you have installed)
    Phone Number (Dialer): one entry - Phone
    Email address: two entries - Gmail and Mail
    Physical address: two entries - Maps and VZ Navigator
    Web URLS: one entry - Internet
    Map address: four entries - Footprints, Internet, Maps, VZ Navigator
    Streaming link: one entry - Streaming Media Player
    Online audio download by webview: two entries - Streaming Media Player and TuneWiki
    Online video download by webview: one entry - Streaming Media Player

Many thanks, you are correct! Its off the Applications menu.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast