Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    bailman's Avatar

    Posts
    61 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

    Default If I change to the double data plan???

    So I am wondering if I switch from my unlimited plan to the promo double data 4GB plan, will that plan be grandfathered when I get a new device in October? I don't ever go over 4GB, and I don't want to shell out full retail for a new phone to keep unlimited data?



    Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
  2. #2  

    Default Re: If I change to the double data plan???

    It should stay with you until they change policies again like they did with the unlimited data. I don't see them going lower than 4GB though.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: If I change to the double data plan???

    I think I'm use my phone more on Wi-Fi so I can probably swing with the 2gigs a month. I want to try the iPhone 5 and don't want to pay $800 for it.
  4. #4  
    trivor's Avatar

    Posts
    276 Posts
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts

    Default Re: If I change to the double data plan???

    I agree - once you have a tiered data plan I don't think you'll lose a grandfathered rate on that. I have a Verizon 700 minute family plan (usually only 400-500 minutes a month - just once went over by a couple minutes and another couple times had to watch the minutes the last couple of days a month) that has been grandfathered for years. The current 450 plan is only $10 cheaper (would be too little) and a 1400 minute plan is $20 more (overkill). I'm seriously considering giving up my unlimited plan for a double date 4 GB plan for $30 so I don't have to worry about it going forward - 2 GB might be pushing it some months (my max in a year so far is 1.5 GB) but I would feel very comfortable with 4 GB. Right now (other than streaming MLB At Bat on 3g) my only other data hog is downloading podcasts and I would just change my default to only download on WiFi (I'm on WiFi most of the day anyways) while right now I don't really worry about it.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    bailman's Avatar

    Posts
    61 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

    Default

    I spoke to a VZW rep, she had no answers to my questions...surprised?? She was able to tell me that the double data promo was going to expire on June 6, so hopefully VZW will clear up the confusion before that date..

    Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
  6. #6  

    Default Re: If I change to the double data plan???

    Quote Originally Posted by bailman View Post
    So I am wondering if I switch from my unlimited plan to the promo double data 4GB plan, will that plan be grandfathered when I get a new device in October? I don't ever go over 4GB, and I don't want to shell out full retail for a new phone to keep unlimited data?



    Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

    no one really knows. if october doesn't have the same double data plan as now, then they might force you to switch to a current plan, but it isn't a certainty.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: If I change to the double data plan???

    Quote Originally Posted by trivor View Post
    I agree - once you have a tiered data plan I don't think you'll lose a grandfathered rate on that. I have a Verizon 700 minute family plan (usually only 400-500 minutes a month - just once went over by a couple minutes and another couple times had to watch the minutes the last couple of days a month) that has been grandfathered for years. The current 450 plan is only $10 cheaper (would be too little) and a 1400 minute plan is $20 more (overkill). I'm seriously considering giving up my unlimited plan for a double date 4 GB plan for $30 so I don't have to worry about it going forward - 2 GB might be pushing it some months (my max in a year so far is 1.5 GB) but I would feel very comfortable with 4 GB. Right now (other than streaming MLB At Bat on 3g) my only other data hog is downloading podcasts and I would just change my default to only download on WiFi (I'm on WiFi most of the day anyways) while right now I don't really worry about it.
    there is a 550 minute plan, $50 for the 1st line, $10 each additional. it is not listed on the website, but you can call in and check. i am on it right now:
    NATIONWIDE LOYALTY FAMILY SHARE PRIMARY 550 MINUTES $50 S4995 1107
  8. #8  
    ishmoo21's Avatar

    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

    Default Re: If I change to the double data plan???

    I was talking to a Verizon guy at the store who actually knows what's going on. He was on this website when I went in there haha. After speaking to him I decided to switch to the Double Data plan now and then I will still have the 4gb whenever I sign a new contract. I only use around 2gb so staying with unlimited and having to pay full price for a new phone from here on out isnt worth it to me. Hope this helps.
  9. #9  

    Default

    I would have to pay $6 more for the tiered 4gb data $30 data plan since tiered requires the $50 plan to get corporate discount. Unlimited data at $30 maintains the corporate discount. $6 might not seem like much, but over 2 years, that's $144

    Quote Originally Posted by ishmoo21 View Post
    I was talking to a Verizon guy at the store who actually knows what's going on. He was on this website when I went in there haha. After speaking to him I decided to switch to the Double Data plan now and then I will still have the 4gb whenever I sign a new contract. I only use around 2gb so staying with unlimited and having to pay full price for a new phone from here on out isnt worth it to me. Hope this helps.

Posting Permissions

B