Problems after update

durbancic

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
So my phone automatically updated...I didn't want to update until I found out if its worth it. Well, in my case it was not! Whenever I plug or unplug my phone from a charger (tested 2 now) the phone will go into a loop of blinking like it is a lighthouse with the white HTC screen. It will do that for a few minutes, then will eventually boot up again. I did a battery pull and it is still doing it. I plugged the phone in before I started typing this and it is still doing the white screen blinking at me.
Also, the past few days Gentle Alarm has been going off at about (or exactly, I'm in a haze when it goes off) 5:30AM, instead of 7:30AM. I double checked the settings and there is only 1 alarm activated - I don't ever wake up at 5:30!
Anyone have any suggestions here?

Thanks,

Dan

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You've checked the time & timezone and those are accurate?
Sounds like it's time for a factory reset (damn SwiftKey - it came up with that suggestion, but in this case I think it's right).

Sent from my Sinclair ZX-80 using Tapatalk 2

QuikSilver39

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had the reboot problem, however I my screen will freeze and become totally unresponsive for 30-60 seconds at a time. Anyone else have this issue?

rookie83

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
My phone, I have 3 TB, is not rooted and after the updtae I have been noticing the following issues keep loosing data we have 4g now but my keeps showing 3g or 1x or no data I tried pulling battery and all the other things but this is fustrating I can have my phone next to wifes and duaghters they show 4g me 3g. other times I look and I have 4g once in awhile. the other issue it seems boot now takes longer I have plenty of memory the battery is good, any ideas? :(

durbancic

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Alright, my phone was doing the reboot/flashing screen from 4AM-9:30AM today. My battery is now at 30%. What do I need to do before doing a factory reset so I don't lose too much stuff?

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I just did a factory reset - still getting the boot loop problems. What should I do now??? This is very frustrating!!!

Sounds like there's either a hardware problem or the software got borked after the update. In either case, you'll need to contact Verizon for a replacement.

durbancic

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like there's either a hardware problem or the software got borked after the update. In either case, you'll need to contact Verizon for a replacement.

Yeah, I talked to Verizon today. I don't have insurance on it and don't want to buy a new phone right now. Does anyone know if rooting would fix this?

Thanks,

Dan

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi Dan, on the same boat here, but have not tried a factory reset. Trying to root, but phone starts the boot loop everytime I plug in the phone to the computer via USB. Not sure what to try. BB

elindquist1

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
This is pissing me off. I have been a supporter of the Thunderbolt since Day 1 and ever since this update, my phone has really been frustrating me. Random reboots, lagging when thumbing through apps, keyboard speed is off, battery draining faster than normal, etc. I have tried the ole' battery pull and that has not helped at all. I have deleted old apps that I no longer use and nothing seems to help. I have a upgrade coming up, but really wanted to hold onto this until I saw something that blew me away. Just incredibly frustrated right now.

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I was deathly afraid of getting the update, and so far, no issues. I'm sorry to hear that others are having horrible things happening. the worst I've had is two random reboots since I updated about two weeks ago. battery life is about the same, no other issue for me. Now I'm REALLY afraid for when ICS comes out, WHENEVER that is......

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Alright, my phone was doing the reboot/flashing screen from 4AM-9:30AM today. My battery is now at 30%. What do I need to do before doing a factory reset so I don't lose too much stuff?

Root your phone and load a custom ROM....then you will be pretty much issue free!

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Root your phone and load a custom ROM....then you will be pretty much issue free!

I'd be really careful about doing that when all signs point to a hardware issue. I guess you could try it as a last resort, but it's a big risk. If it doesn't fix it, you'll then have to hope you can unroot and put a stock ROM back on before sending the phone in for a replacement. Otherwise you risk having to pay for that replacement. A safer option would be to flash an official stock RUU like this one here:

[Update: New Radio, Too] Exclusive Download: Build 2.11.605.19 For The HTC Thunderbolt - No, It's Not ICS (But It Does Fix Some Things)

Btw, I'm completely stock unrooted and am issue free. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800