It's been real

jd07bos

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
My power button was sunk in completely and ofcourse I was only 2 weeks past my warranty :-$. I refuse to pay the $30 "upgrade" fee, which a VZW rep told me was to help my Verizon experience through online tutorials and trainings......when I told the rep that I'm a computer programmer and that I could teach those courses, I got a smirk and then was told "t-mobile and at&t have upgrade fees too!" really???? Anyways I wanted an HD screen and got a great deal on ebay for a brand new LG Spectrum, so unfortunately I bid you all farewell. Thanks for all the quality tech support and probably the best Dev community we will see on a 4G device.

jd07bos

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I hate to see folks leaving ....but I know what you mean about VZW. Good luck with your new phone.

I hear ya, the bolt was a great device even after the glitchy launch it had. Once they finally gave us gingerbread my bolt was flawless, minus the power button...

Sent from my batphone using Tapatalk

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I could get along without the power button for everything but HBOOT selection. I use touch recovery and have an app for restart and power down. Connecting a power cord turns my bolt on and it goes to recovery from which I can reboot. I have another app to put screen to sleep. I wake up with volume rocker. I almost never user the power button but it is needed for hboot item selection unless you use adb (I don't. )

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have an extended warranty. So i am coveted if something happens. I agree tho....the 30.00 upgrade fee is ridiculous. I don't need to be taught about phones.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dustojnikhummer