Is it me or Verizon losing data?

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
My data drops, sometimes - not just to 3G but to nothing - for no apparent reason, then comes back shortly thereafter. Is this a network thing or a phone thing? I stream a lot at work so I don't know if that factors in to it at all. It's very frustrating. Any thoughts? I'm in Greenville SC, if the location matters at all. Right now, for example, I was at 4G and was streaming from Slacker, then I noticed no arrows on my 4G icon on the status bar, then the data icon dropped altogether, now it's back with no up/down data arrows at all, but I have all my signal bars. And now I'm back to no data icon. And now back to the 4G but with no data arrows..... ugh.....

Reactions: HPBolt

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
It's not just you. I have had the same experience in the Atlanta area since early June. There are other threads with similar issues. I just did a battery/SIM card pull and re-start this morning, and so far, I am doing better, but I am at work and not interacting with my phone as much. I may stop at the VZW corporate store on the way home, if it acts up again today.

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
It's not even going to 3G though - just disappearing. I'd be content w/3G b/c I'm used to it when I drove to ATL and back from time to time. But this just goes from 4G to NoG.

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed this too, loading up facebook, or youtube. it will take an inordinate time to load, then sometimes drop off completely. I've been meaning to call tech support for the last two weeks, which is when I first noticed it. some have speculated in other threads it might have something to do with cell tower "adjustments" or the fact that verizon recently opened up 4G in several new markets about 2-3 weeks ago. whatever it is, it's annoying. i'm dropping from 4GLTE to nothing. and I can rarely get 3G if I decide I will deal with slower speeds...that USED to be an option.

HPBolt

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
My data drops, sometimes - not just to 3G but to nothing - for no apparent reason, then comes back shortly thereafter. Is this a network thing or a phone thing? I stream a lot at work so I don't know if that factors in to it at all. It's very frustrating. Any thoughts? I'm in Greenville SC, if the location matters at all. Right now, for example, I was at 4G and was streaming from Slacker, then I noticed no arrows on my 4G icon on the status bar, then the data icon dropped altogether, now it's back with no up/down data arrows at all, but I have all my signal bars. And now I'm back to no data icon. And now back to the 4G but with no data arrows..... ugh.....

Same here in Orlando. Think it's the last ota radio s**ks. Need something to fix this perfect Ph till now

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

anon(3092520)

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Same problem in the Metro-Detroit area for at least the past week. Even when I manage to keep a solid 4G signal, webpages are loading a lot more slowly than I'm used to.

I had to drive to Chicago today and while there, I had a rock solid, blazing fast 4G connection so whatever problem Verizon is having, it's hit or miss depending on where you are.

Sonshine01

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I am in Greenville SC also and have been having the same issues for about 2 weeks off and on. The first time that it happened I did call Verizon and they said there was no know outages and since I had done all the battery pull etc that I should just wait until the next day and it should be fixed. It was fixed by the next morning but have been having issues on and off. Other threads like the Rexzound,Razr Maxx etc. are all reporting this so I think it is a Verizon issue rather than a phone issue.

Trentoncc24

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
I have been having issues with drops also. It's not too bad, but more than normal for sure. If it doesn't improve in the next few days I'm thinking of flashing back with the old radio. I never had any problems with the older one, and since flashing the newest I haven't really seen much benefit to it.

sjd2246

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I get a solid 3G connection on my galaxy nexus. I got the 4.0.4 update and the 4G will cut out but come back on, annoying but not too bad. Before the update, I lost 4G and I would have to restart the phone to get it back, it was so bad I just left it on 3G all the time. Also now if I lose 4G it connects to 3G. I do like 4G but I think its still too young a connection that you still need 3G, hopefully Verizon will keep working on their 4G network.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I have been having issues with drops also. It's not too bad, but more than normal for sure. If it doesn't improve in the next few days I'm thinking of flashing back with the old radio. I never had any problems with the older one, and since flashing the newest I haven't really seen much benefit to it.

Not sure that will do anything for you. All signs point to a network problem as it's happening across various phone models and locations across the country (from reading other forum threads).

firepsych

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Yep, there are a lot of threads with the same issue. A restart or toggling in and out if airplane mode helps.
Interestingly I'm having a similar problem with wifi to. Need to toggle in and out.
I'm guessing it's a combination of network issues and the latest update.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Trentoncc24

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Not sure that will do anything for you. All signs point to a network problem as it's happening across various phone models and locations across the country (from reading other forum threads).

Oh, thanks for that info. I thought it was a thunderbolt specific problem. Saved me some time.

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I am in Greenville SC also and have been having the same issues for about 2 weeks off and on.

Well, we were visiting friends in that area today. One family lives south of Anderson, in fringe coverage. One side of their house had 3G, the other and the yard 4G, so not a great test, but I did a speed test in the yard and got 14.77 down. Then we went up toward Travelers Rest, and I had solid 4G the whole time. Back home, parts of Atlanta metro area seem solid, others spotty.

Ezduzit

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
It's been happening in spartanburg as well, it goes out but immediately come back within a few minutes.

Sent from my hayabusa!

chuckh0308

Apr 3, 2011
www.welcomehomeseattle.com
Yep, I've been having a terrible time with it and my battery (I have the extended) isn't even making it through the day with light usage. I started having troubles after updating to the latest firmware, but maybe it's just coincidence....

rocco225

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I am having similar problems in Chicago suburbs and Peoria lately. Data signal just drops out completely.

On a separate but related note, my hotspot went from poor to absolutely worthless these last few days.

Verizon says they are not aware of any problems.

Thunderbolt with the latest OTA update

Trentoncc24

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
I am having similar problems in Chicago suburbs and Peoria lately. Data signal just drops out completely.

On a separate but related note, my hotspot went from poor to absolutely worthless these last few days.

Verizon says they are not aware of any problems.

Thunderbolt with the latest OTA update

Verizon is aware of it, it'd be impossible for them not to be. They just don't want any news stories being written about a problem they're having. Bad press.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Reactions: ToddL

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital