Dropped Phone - Stuck on Boot Screen

MeowMix13

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys. As the title says, I dropped my phone from maybe 1.5 feet from a bed, and now when I try to turn it on it will not get passed the white HTC logo boot screen.

The phone is rooted, and was working perfectly before the drop. I can get into HBOOT (I think it's called that), by holding volume down and the power button, but when I press "Recovery" to access a nandroid backup, I once again get stuck at the white boot screen.

Any ideas?

MeowMix13

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried taking the battery out and let it sit for.a few.minutes?

Yes, I've tried that many times. I managed to get into the recovery option and ran a nandroid recovery I backed up the other day, but still I'm having the same problem.

I get to my lockscreen, and I can see that the phone looks to be working fine, I can see I have 3G running, and wifi, and my provider is on the screen and the clock is working etc, but the touch screen is not working so I can't open my lock screen.

trter10-imore

ThunderboltTool Developer
Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I've tried that many times. I managed to get into the recovery option and ran a nandroid recovery I backed up the other day, but still I'm having the same problem.

I get to my lockscreen, and I can see that the phone looks to be working fine, I can see I have 3G running, and wifi, and my provider is on the screen and the clock is working etc, but the touch screen is not working so I can't open my lock screen.

Sounds like the drop jostled out the digitizer flex cable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca