1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Back to stock for now

Default No Mobile Network Connection

Hi All. Need some help. I'm running BAMF 1.11 on my Tbolt. When I turned my phone back on yesterday after landing in Philadelphia I had no internet connection. My mobile network won't turn on. Can make calls but no internet.
    I pulled the battery and the SIM card. I also cleared the caches. The "allow data roaming won't turn on either.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Lou

Default Re: No Mobile Network Connection

I have been having the problem also, I reboot and it works fine again. Getting tired of the reboots though, I may have to remove root and see if it happens.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Back to stock for now

Thanks. I've rebooted and this doesn't solve the problem. I'm thinking of a factory data reset and maybe reflashing the ROM.
    Any other suggestions would be welcomed.

Try going into recovery and select to Fix Permissions.
    Not sure if it will help, worth a shot.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

I am non rooted, but had same problem. http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...ta-access.html
    Vz could not help. They offered. Me a refurbished phone. I tried a reset n all worked fine after reset.

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts

I'm having the same problem right now. I can't get 3g or 4g to work at all. I tried resetting, battery pull, taking out sim card etc. still no mobile data at all. I guess I'm going to factory reset. Can't wait for my sgs3
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ROM
    Back to stock for now

Well, here's the wind up. After trying all of the suggested remedies I ended up going to the Verizon store for a new SIM card. This did not fix the problem. Neither did a factory data reset. So they're nicely sending me a refurbished Tbolt. I was out of warranty, but they are sending me the Tbolt at no charge. I may not root this one. I'm due for an upgrade in December.
    Thanks for everyone's helpful suggestions.
    Lou

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts

4G network has been awful lately. It seems to be a nationwide problem. There's a post on it here. This may or may be related to your issue.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...sing-data.html

ROM
    Stock

Just a side note - remember that the antenna for 4G is located in the battery cover. If you are in a 4G area and having a lot of trouble getting signal, make sure the contacts are clean and making a good solid connection.

Either that or force your phone to 3G mode and see if you can at least get 3G (Settings / Wireless&Networks, Mobile Networks, Network Mode, CDMA Only)

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    ROM
    None, thanks to the man.

This data dropping in and out is getting pretty old. But going on for me for about a month now for me. I hope VZW gets something figured out soon.

Global Posts
    2,043 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Todd_L View Post
    This data dropping in and out is getting pretty old. But going on for me for about a month now for me. I hope VZW gets something figured out soon.
    It might be a bad Sim card. You can get a replacement sent to u for free.

Sent from my jellybean powered Nexus
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

ROM
    Back to stock for now

I just got an email from Fed-Ex that my refurbished Tbolt has been delivered to my back door.
    I tried the SIM card, factory reset, pulling the cover and cleaning the contacts. All to no avail.
    Tonight I'll set up the refurbished phone and remember what stock is like.
    I appreciate everyone's suggestions.

ROM
    The ROM of the day...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by loupitschmann View Post
    I just got an email from Fed-Ex that my refurbished Tbolt has been delivered to my back door.
    I tried the SIM card, factory reset, pulling the cover and cleaning the contacts. All to no avail.
    Tonight I'll set up the refurbished phone and remember what stock is like.
    I appreciate everyone's suggestions.
    I was having GPS issues (another post). It was locking me in about a mile away consistantly. So, I called Asurion since the replacement phone I got was less than 2 weeks old. THis time I asked for a BRAND NEW never been used in the box Thunderbolt. The rep checked and saw they had some in Stock. So, they sent me a brand new one. I rooted it and have been running i-Kream RLS on it since.

I am thinking my GPS issue was nothing more than a Solar flare or disturbence. My son (totally into meterology) said we had a "class X" last week (or the week before). Don't know what that means, but, after I ordered my BRAND New phone, my GPS started working fine....sort of.

Since I got the new phone.....no GPS issues, but the 4G issue is still around. I hear that it is a nationwide thing....with the new data plan, new phone (S III), it is overloading the system.
    With this RAZR, I get a close shave
    My Blog

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts

I finally called in today and complained. This has been happening to my Bolt and my wife's Droid4 totally randomly for over a month. They put in a work ticket.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt with Tapatalk 2