What is the best US Traffic app?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I used to use an app called "US TRAFFIC" that is no longer on google play store.

I'm looking for something better that won't run in the background burning up my battery or use airpush to barrage me with ads.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I've started using Waze and really like it. Especially for the police sightings.

+1 on Waze. The only problem is that it does run in the background. But if you are in your car, then you more than likely have a car charger so that shouldn't be an issue. When you "stop" the program, it stops everything....background data.

I do like the "police" feature. It also will tell you where there are stoplight camera's, accidents, detours, traffic. You gather points also that you can redeem for discount gas (I don't know how you redeem them, just says you can).

The voice also for WAZE is better than Google. For example:

Google: "In 1000 ft, take exit 123a"

Waze: In 1000 ft, Elm street exit will coming up"

You can choose between a female voice or a male voice.

K_Daddy

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Google maps is what I use constantly. Waze is fine until you trust what you see and get screwed because of it.

ToddL

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Google maps is what I use constantly. Waze is fine until you trust what you see and get screwed because of it.
Yeah, that' can be true. Many times I use Waze without plotting a route just for the road reports. If I really needed directions to rely upon, I have to admit I'd probably use google.

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I use both Inrix and "Beat the Traffic". Both are standalone and do not run in the background. Usually they agree but sometimes one app will show a problem ad the other won't for the same location. I usually open them both before I leave for work just to see what's what on my commute. Not just for traffic but also for construction lane closures and stuff like that.

K_Daddy

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, that' can be true. Many times I use Waze without plotting a route just for the road reports. If I really needed directions to rely upon, I have to admit I'd probably use google.
Last time I used Waze it said "traffic jam ahead" about 30 seconds after I stopped in traffic. It was uninstalled before traffic started moving again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane