Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jude526
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default my replacement Thunderbolt

!Arrived today. There is a spot in the middle of the screen. Dont know what it is. Called Verizon and will have another one on Mon. This one also runs warmer than my original
    Three is a charm, or so they say I asked if they had brand new and said they didn't. I hope the one arriving Monday is bolt perfection otherwise I will ask for a different model altogether. What surprised me tho is it came with a new back!!!!
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Default Re: my replacement Thunderbolt

hopefully this will work good for you! Getting a new phone via warranty is a major ymmv. Just luck of the draw. If they happen to run out of refurb tb, then they will send you a new one. Look for the void sticker on the back, if it is black, then it is new. Green means refurb.

What was the reason for your return originally?
    Last edited by dpham00; 07-14-2012 at 11:11 AM.
    Thanked by:

So glad I've yet to ever have to replace a phone via warranty or insurance! Now that I've said it, my next phone is doomed!

Sent from my HTC Mecha using Tapatalk 2.

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    hopefully this will work good for you! Getting a new phone via warranty is a major ymmv. Just luck of the draw. If they happen to run out of refurb tb, then they will send you a new one. Look for the void sticker on the back, if it is black, then it is new. Green means refurb.

What was the reason for your return originally?
    Good tip. Mine came in today. I'll check that sticker now...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

The screen has been non responsive sometimes. I tried troubleshooting and nothing.
    Hope the one am getting Monday is cosmetically flawless and works. The screen on this one is flawed. Has a spot on it of some kind and it also runs very hot. My original never ran hot. I will go to a store on Monday if runs hot!
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

I don't understand Verizon and their replacement plan. The phones they send out as replacements are phones that were returned because they were defective. If they're not going to fix them before they send them back out, why do they waste all that time and money on the shipping and support for them? Not only that, but it gives the devices undeserved reputations when people get 3, 4, 8 replacement devices with problems. That makes people think that all of them are problems when in reality, they are just getting sent all the rejects. So this one you're going to send back will get sent back out to someone else. And the cycle will repeat. It's as if they assume that each customer is stupid and there really isn't anything wrong with the device.

Makes me glad I got a good one from the beginning and have not had any hardware problems with it!

Sorry to hear that you had problems with your original TB.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

I'm pretty ticked. Replacement thunderbolt one: they sent me a droid charge. Replacement thunderbolt two: notification light doesn't work. So now we are going on a week to get replacement number four which brings my grand total of replacement thunderbolts to 5. My girlfriend had the same issue and she convinced them to send her a rezound. I am almost there too.
    4G LTE Thunderbolt
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Tomorrow will be the day. Either its good or there will be a visit to the store so I have a witness. I love this phone. Thought it would be trouble free.
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Quote Originally Posted by chuckh0308 View Post
    I don't understand Verizon and their replacement plan. The phones they send out as replacements are phones that were returned because they were defective. If they're not going to fix them before they send them back out, why do they waste all that time and money on the shipping and support for them? Not only that, but it gives the devices undeserved reputations when people get 3, 4, 8 replacement devices with problems. That makes people think that all of them are problems when in reality, they are just getting sent all the rejects. So this one you're going to send back will get sent back out to someone else. And the cycle will repeat. It's as if they assume that each customer is stupid and there really isn't anything wrong with the device.

Makes me glad I got a good one from the beginning and have not had any hardware problems with it!

It has a 100+ point inspection. If the defect isn't in that inspection list, and then it will remain and sent off to another unlucky customer. The only good thing is verizon covers shipping both ways. If you want to get your exact phone fixed, you can do so directly through htc but you would be out of a phone for some time and you have to pay shipping. The rezound is a better phone with a strong radio and less issues, but still not perfect. Then again, no phone, even the iPhone, is perfect. You just have to find a phone that you can live with. Verizon is extremely accomodating, imo, compared to other companies that I have dealt with, but in my experience their csr training and refurbished process is a bit lacking. With that said, most companies these days are similar, and having dealt with att, verizon is still better in my personal experience.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

I agree 100% that Verizon is very accomodating to their customers. I used to be a manager years back with an indirect premium location. I would never have service with any other carrier. I just seem to have bad luck with devices. Everyone I have had needs to be replaced. I made it 11 months with the Thunderbolt.....the longest that has ever been.
    The screen was lagging and becoming nonresponsive. The replacement device I received on Friday has a spot in the screen and that is very strange. I am getting another one today. I love this phone and hope this replacement is perfect cosmetically and works just as well.
    I can't send a phone to HTC because I can't be without a device. When I worked for the indirect (he retired and decided to close) we offered rental phones for customers FREE. Just needed their driver's license and a credit card # on file because if they didn't return it we would charge them 100 for the phone. That was a great service and customers loved it.
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    designwebs likes this.

Global Posts
    690 Global Posts

My replacement T'Bolt was/is perfect! I guess I'm one of the lucky ones and I hope the OP is too!
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Back to stock for now

I also got a refurbished Tbolt after not being able to resolve my lost data connection problem. I was out of warranty, but they sent one anyway. I'm not going to root this one as I'm due for an upgrade in December and I'll live with the stock 2.34.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by xs11e View Post
    My replacement T'Bolt was/is perfect! I guess I'm one of the lucky ones and I hope the OP is too!
    thank you. usually have deliveries by now. still waiting.....
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Quote Originally Posted by chuckh0308 View Post

+1
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Finally received the 2 nd replacement. It is perfect so far! It is a refurbished. Not new. But can't tell. Again a new back was sent. Screen is perfect. No spots. Am pleased

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    ROM
    SfK CM7

Woohoo

ROM
    TSBB 3.0.3/imo-5.1

Woot!

Sent from my HTC T-Bolt using Tapatalk 2

My 8th thunderbolt is developing the infamous headphone left channel cutting out problem. Verizon tells me they've never heard of one having this problem but I think 4 of my 8 have had it. I will never own a POS HTC phone ever again.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Quote Originally Posted by Wampa1 View Post
    My 8th thunderbolt is developing the infamous headphone left channel cutting out problem. Verizon tells me they've never heard of one having this problem but I think 4 of my 8 have had it. I will never own a POS HTC phone ever again.
    Sorry to hear this. I had the same disgust for Blackberry. That's how I came to Android. Never have looked back. I don't know why min started acting up but am glad it has a good replacement. I just decided to try the thumb keyboard. Am on my tablet right now. Cool keyboard. Think will put on my phone too. .
    Have the apps I use on it so am ready now. The back is even more difficult to remove tho. Ridiculous. But its workin
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

I received my replacement TB last week, its wonderful!!

My main problem was the circuitry displaying the battery charge. It appeared that the phone was not charging past 40% when on, but if i charged the phone while it was turned off, it would charge to 90%, but no higher. The drain was also very fast.

Well, when i got my replacement, i put the battery from the old phone, which showed 90% charge and put it into the new and and the new TB showed 100% charge!!! Then, when i switched back to the old TB to backup more data, it showed 5% charge!!! 5 minutes later, back into the new TB, 100% charge.

I have the green void sticker, so i assume its a refurb, but i swear it is more solid and 10 times better than the previous TB even when it was new. Guess i can consider my self a lucky one.

On a side note, i do agree with Verizon CS, they sent the new phone, shipping both way as usual. In comparison, my AC adapter on my ASUS Prime went bad, i called ASUS, and i had to pay shipping to send it back to them, then they look at it to decide what they want to do about it. Crossing my fingers on that one!!!

Industry standard warranty is for the customer to pay for shipping it to the company, and the company to pay for return shipping. Of course, every warranty can be different, and you should always check with the warranty statement for details. With regards to your charger, if it is just a standard micro usb 2A charger, you can probably buy it cheaper elsewehre than deal with shipping it to them, well, maybe not cheaper but less hassle. I bought a few genuine HP 2A chargers for my Touchpad for $8.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Stock

I had to replace my original TB about 2 weeks ago because the column of the screen where the 9, o, k and m keys are located became unresponsive. I did all the usual stuff to try to get it work but something happened overnight and that column became unresponsive. It worked fine on Friday night when I went to bed but Saturday morning I had troubles. After calling Asurion they told me it should be covered under the extended warranty since I didn't lose it and it didn't have water damage, etc. I found out from VZ that it was covered under extended warranty; considering I had it 14 months already. I was dreading getting the replacement expecting for it to be bad like I've heard from so many others on this forum. I'm happy with my replacement since it works better than my original. My GPS locks on in less than 2 seconds, my 4G radio works way better than my original. My original would only get 7000 kbps up and down on 4G and didn't think anything of it figuring that's just the way 4G was in the Sacramento area. I only use 3G so it was no big deal. I tried 4G on my replacement last night and I got 23+k kbps down and 12 to 15 up. That's faster upload than my cable Internet from Comcast. So far, I'm happy with the replacement. I expected to have to go around and around with VZ to get a good phone but so far I'm lucky. I didn't check stickers to see if it's refurbed or not but it appeared cosmetically flawless when I unwrapped it. I was hoping for a Rezound but I'm pleased with the TB so far.

It was a hassle setting it back up again but since I still had my old phone I could poke through all the app settings and get the new one set up the way the old one was. I don't know if there's a reliable way to restore a phone from a backup (My Backup Pro, perhaps?) so I decided to do it the hard way. I only wanted to go through the re-setup hassle once.

Good luck to you.

Bill
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Mine is fine. Thanks. Using backup assistant you will get your contacts. Having gmail Google sets up easily. No issues setting up. Glad you're happy...meeting too. Finally!
    Love the TB. My replacement is better than original as well. I also plan to get the Rezound when I upgrade if there isn't another HTC released. I have till April next yr.