RANDOM apps showing up on main screens

jimmy824

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so lately I've noticed random apps showing up on one of my main screens(farthest one to left.) I just deleted 5 of them.... Why do they keep showing up and how do I stop them? Thinking whatever caused it is also slowing my phone down. Thanks in advance.

tjloa69

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Having the same issue. No clue why haven't added any new apps. They just pop up on home screen. It's driving me nuts.

bpyazel

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
When you say random apps, are you talking about apps that you have previously installed or apps you never installed? If it's the first, do you have the "create shortcuts" option check in the market options. That will cause new shortcuts to show up when an app updates.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
they could be ads due to some game or app that you downloaded from the market. I get these all the time, and they are annoying. they are kind of like spam emails that you get on your pc, you have to figure out how to unsubscribe to them, or figure out what game (it's usually a specific company) invited the "spam" and delete the game. I did some googling about a month ago on this, and there's an app out there that will actually let you know which apps are allowing ads, and IF you can delete (opt out) the ads. it's called ad network detector, and it works pretty good. I opted out of 4 "ads", but some games/apps won't allow you to do it. for example, Go launcher has parts of it that allow these, so I have to either delete Go laucncher, or deal with the annoying "ads". airpush is one of the biggest offenders, and I used their "opt out" app, and I still get them. so, I'm just dealing with them. good luck on your research.

Hartley001

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I just downloaded airpush, and i found out that it was a apk file i download from 4share. It was a free sports app that i couldn't get while in the states. Now its gone and everything is good. Thanks for the heads up about the app

Chris Tetzlaff

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded AirPush Detector and did a scan on my Samsung GS3. It found an app named "Adobe Flash Player" was actually a push app. I recall being prompted to download it as it was needed for a site I had been directed to. Live and learn, thanks for your great advice on Airpush detector!

Jim Hart

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I tried AirPush Detector, but it didn't find anything on my phone what would be creating the new shortcuts. :( I sent them a list of my installed apps - I'll let you know what they find.

Melanie Rodgers

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
same thing here I have a galaxy s3 virgin mobile and chinese screen popped up out of nowhere and I can't get rid of it can't figure out which app it came from don't know what to do

Kevin Q

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
I had this issue for a few weeks. I found a solution that worked on my Galaxy Tab 3.

1. Go to Settings then to your accounts.
2. Select Google account then click Ads.
3. Tick the box that says "Opt out of interest based ads".

As said this worked for me and have not had any issuses for a month.

Posted via Android Central App

Ayah Jayah

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I keep getting these random apps that i never installed before. The problem is that evertime I delete them they come back and instead of letting me uninstall them, I can only disable them. Even after that, they come back. My phone started freezing and slowing down a lot. I hate it so much. It's really bothering me.

Kelli McCready

Dec 5, 2016
Visit site
I think it's possible it might be iFunny, at least for me. I keep accidentally tapping on ads.

the apps on my phone has been downloading some of them even turn on my Wi-Fi they all keep coming back even after I dto factory reset. With or Without The sim as soon as You put it back it..and it can connect, its off DL again. In file manager it Stashe's text, video, photos etc. under any category and even under SBC and there isn't one. I turned ap permission on and twice I has had in my pull-down menu red boxes! A large red "Y" similar to gothIck with two horizontal lines intersecting the middle Followed by a string of possibly Chinese figures. its held by the permission, but I don't know how to delete it. videos that It downloaded showed people walking on the street in front of some shops (like from a security camera) and they looked Oriental. which was preceded by a text message In chinese that i did not respond to, i was also called. The characters, I'm sorry I can't say for sure were Chinese, but they were not Korean, and they were also in red. I finally got so frustrated I traded the phone to someone who thought maybe he could fix it...no word yet. some of The apps were "theme housekeeping" , original Spider Solitaire ,5 games , du cleaner. also there were "Pharah ' and "wolf" among the running aps.hope the info helps someome

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone do you have? Does this all still happen in Safe Mode?

martins olaide

Jan 3, 2017
Visit site
the apps on my phone has been downloading some of them even turn on my Wi-Fi they all keep coming back even after I dto factory reset. With or Without The sim as soon as You put it back it..and it can connect, its off DL again. In file manager it Stashe's text, video, photos etc. under any category and even under SBC and there isn't one. I turned ap permission on and twice I has had in my pull-down menu red boxes! A large red "Y" similar to gothIck with two horizontal lines intersecting the middle Followed by a string of possibly Chinese figures. its held by the permission, but I don't know how to delete it. videos that It downloaded showed people walking on the street in front of some shops (like from a security camera) and they looked Oriental. which was preceded by a text message In chinese that i did not respond to, i was also called. The characters, I'm sorry I can't say for sure were Chinese, but they were not Korean, and they were also in red. I finally got so frustrated I traded the phone to someone who thought maybe he could fix it...no word yet. some of The apps were "theme housekeeping" , original Spider Solitaire ,5 games , du cleaner. also there were "Pharah ' and "wolf" among the running aps.hope the info helps someome

Same thing am going through now

Itskatieebaby23

May 1, 2017
Visit site
They are apps you've already downloaded right? Same thing is happening with mine. I have the galaxy s sky. The phone is super new, only thing is that I dropped it the other day while I went out. Lol I dropped it in my drive way right before a thunder storm. I couldn't find it for TWO HOURS! When i finally did find it, the sticker behind the battery obviously turned red.. My warranty went to ****.. The sound was pretty messed up for about a day and a half but went back to normal after. Dies anyone know, could this be why my phone is acting up?? Or is there some way I can fix it?

KevHan

Aug 3, 2017
Visit site
I had this too. It kept telling me I won a contest or pulled up various Google Play apps for me to install. Couldn't find it till I used 360 Security and ran it's uninstall. It showed an app that had no name ! So it didn't show up on most programs. When I told it to uninstall, it said can't it has administration rights. Gave me the option to deactivate rights. Once done, I could uninstall it. Hope this is helpful.