Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS, JB & CyanogenMod 7.1

Default Re: What is wrong with my Thunderbolt ?

Quote Originally Posted by Casey415 View Post
    Guess what juuuust happened? I was on phone with Verizon tech support, and got transferred to level 2 support. After almost an hour of troubleshooting to no avail, the rep is now sending me a like-new reburb Razor Maxx phone, and at no cost. Hopefully this will improve things, but I am not holding my breath. BTW, my TB is not rooted.
    Were you still under warranty when they replaced your Tbolt? That's my problem. I out of warranty and all the "Tech Support" could do was replace my sim card in store. That didn't do anything. I would love a free Razr Maxx.

Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    ROM
    bugless beast

If your still having the same problem after the new sim call them back. That's what I did.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

I doubt my TB was under warranty as I had it since day 1. In the meantime, my Razr Maxx is a big improvement!

Quote Originally Posted by dd0yl3 View Post
    I had to call VZW this morning because I was still having data drop issues. They tried a new sim, reset and other setting options. I think I called about a total 4 times because it wasn't getting any better. They tech rep transfered me to another technician. She couldnt figure it out so the gave me another device. She said they were all out of other phones that they usually send so she gave me nexus. Hopefully this phone doesn't have data issue like the thunderbolt.
    It has worse 3g data reception than tbolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey415 View Post
    I doubt my TB was under warranty as I had it since day 1. In the meantime, my Razr Maxx is a big improvement!
    I think razr maxx has best combined 4g/3g but its tricky getting flash video since ics update.

Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    ROM
    bugless beast

I have the nexus for about two weeks. I haven't had any data drops and I get stronger signal in place I had none.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    ROM
    None, thanks to the man.

Hmmm, these comments make me tempted to call them and try to get a new phone. I just don't know if I have the patience to go through multiple phone calls, resets, SIMs, etc, just for an outside chance of getting a new phone (esp since I'm out of warranty).

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS, JB & CyanogenMod 7.1

Set aside 3 hours for the whole ordeal. I went to my local store and had them swap the sim card. No improvement. I did a factory reset. After a couple of days it was dropping connections again. I got fed up and called tech support after reading this thread. I was nice over the phone, might have played a little dumb. They bumped me right up to Tier 2 and followed all their steps, that took the longest. He couldn't help me. I called back and talked to someone else. She asked if I was offered a replacement. No. Since I have insurance on my Tbolt she said I could get a replacement for free. I assume since it was not my fault I don't have to pay the deductible? Oh, we don't have any more Tbolts to give you. I'll have to give you a Razr. She signed me up for a Razr and an external battery/wall charger. I showed concern about battery life. She didn't mention the Maxx. I called a third person and explained that I was concerned about battery life and that a Razr would not help me since I can't be tied to a wall outlet all day. He bumped me up to a Maxx no problem. Now I have two phones. Haha. I have to send the Razr and Tbolt back but I got a Maxx, A $200 phone, at no cost to me. Long story I know but just be nice over the phone, jump through their hoops, and nudge them in the direction you want them to go. Thanks for this thread. See you in the Maxx forums.

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

I guess I called on a bad day. They have Thunderbolts in stock so they are sending me yet another Thunderbolt replacement. They offered me an alternative option (either a Motorola Bionic or an LG Spectrum) but I would have to pay for the battery and back cover. I am not willing to fork out any more money when other people are getting different phones for free, especially for two phones that are "retired" according to Verizon. I have 2 months left before I can upgrade. Let's hope this replacement Thunderbolt works better.

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

yep data drops constantly when trying to use the phone. MHS seems to work ok; but any app that needs data - drop, drop, drop, it's very frustrating. I'm tempted to call as well; at this point any refurb device rezound, razr, maxx or nexus would be an upgrade
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  

By the way, if anyone is interested, I still have 2 extended batteries, plus 4 stock batteries, plus the back for the extended battery, and extra carry case. All for the Thunderbolt, which I don't have anymore! I bought all this stuff from local Verizon stores. Quite sad that I needed some many batteries for the Thunderbolt!

so i called verizon because i went to the store and one of guys told me that after the 3rd time that they've send you a phone you can get another model so i called and the told me no because it is not on the policy what can i do or say so i can get one that does work

Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    ROM
    None, thanks to the man.

I had 3 total TBs (2 replacements), and they tried to send another. I stressed to them (in a friendly way) that it seemed like every TB they send me will have this problem, and I wasting alot of my time by constantly having to set up new phones. They sent me a Droid 4. Probably could have gotten something else if I paid for battery and back, but since D4 has built in battery, I got it free and clear.

Just developed this problem this past weekend. Per Verizon techincal help, I did a factory reset, and have been getting 4g LTE since.

Hi Tbolters......This is what I have learned with mine. Now I know this may not be the case for everyone, but it's something to look at. Bought my tbolt right before last christmas. Worked great, had no problems. Then probably about 4 mos ago, decided to get an extended battery and root my phone. Have had nothing but problems since, dropping data, no data....just aggravating....thought maybe it was the roms I was trying....after going through about 10 diff. roms...still same problem. Then I started thinking...it pretty much all started when I put the extended battery in. Like probably most people (not all) I got my battery and cover on ebay. Why? Because they are usually cheaper. Well guess what.......since I went back to my stock battery and original back cover...haven't had a lick of problems dropping data.....been working great. What I've found is that these cheaper aftermarket extended battery covers aren't making good connection with the phone, hence losing data reception. For those still having problems....might be something to look at.

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

My bolt started giving me tons of issues last week, it finally died last Thursday. I got a warranty replacement and bought a Gnex that day off craigslist. Glad I did, I love this phone. Now I just have to sell the new thunderbolt.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12