1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

Default Thunderbolt on Pre-Paid, or Month-to-Month?

I'm in between jobs, and have to pull my line out of my company's account and assume liability of it...

I don't want to start a new 2 year contract, as I'm going to be getting my line pulled back into another corporate account in another month or so..

What are my options for the Thunderbolt and doing a pre-pay, or temporary service, but still getting at least 3G.. ?

I need Data, as I need emails, etc..

Anyone doing this with the Thunderbolt?
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,174 Global Posts

Default Re: Thunderbolt on Pre-Paid, or Month-to-Month?

I'm going to assume your previous company got the Thunderbolt for you on-contract. Do you know if that contract is up?

You can probably just do an AOL and if there's still time left on that contract, continue paying that as an Individual line. You'd be keeping the number too.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

This is true.. but.. I don't care for a contract really. Not my problem if my company signed a two year deal with it, I can just back out, but would like to keep my number. I just don't want to be bound to a contract, but still want to use my TBolt.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,174 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dbornack View Post
    This is true.. but.. I don't care for a contract really. Not my problem if my company signed a two year deal with it, I can just back out, but would like to keep my number. I just don't want to be bound to a contract, but still want to use my TBolt.
    But if it's still under contract and you do an AOL, you'll be responsible for the remainder of that contract.

The phone is technically theirs (they paid for it, right?) until they give or sell it to you. You're sort of at the mercy of what your previous company wants to do with the contract.

Basically, if you want to keep the number, they'll have to transfer assumption of liability to you. If it's under contract, that contract then becomes yours. If it's not, then you'll be month to month.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

Let's forget about the contract..

I own the device.. I'm able to to do an AOL.. but I want a very temporary account, and still want to use my Thunderbolt.

My question is really if I can use my TBolt on pre-paid, or whatever. Still get at least 3G, maybe 4G, etc..
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,174 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dbornack View Post
    Let's forget about the contract..

I own the device.. I'm able to to do an AOL.. but I want a very temporary account, and still want to use my Thunderbolt.

My question is really if I can use my TBolt on pre-paid, or whatever. Still get at least 3G, maybe 4G, etc..
    You'll probably need to go with month-to-mobth postpaid. AFAIK, Verizon doesn't allow LTE smartphones on prepaid.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo

Go with Pageplus or Straight Talk Prepaid, both Verizon MVNO's. I have Pageplus, and its working great so far. Easy to port ur # and no activation fees if u do. $55 a month for unlimited talk, text, and 2 GB's of data (3g only). You can activate any Verizon phone with them.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Airwolf79 View Post
    Go with Pageplus or Straight Talk Prepaid, both Verizon MVNO's. I have Pageplus, and its working great so far. Easy to port ur # and no activation fees if u do. $55 a month for unlimited talk, text, and 2 GB's of data (3g only). You can activate any Verizon phone with them.
    Hmmmm.. interesting..

No problems whatsoever?

Couldn't get mms to work at first, but one call to CS and they got it working. U can view ur data usage online, and I've been using the Onavo app to monitor it as well. Onavo shows the exact same numbers as Pageplus so its working great so far. I guess the only catch is there's no roaming, but with Verizon's network u don't really need it.

ROM
    The ROM of the day...LOL

I have my account from a company I haven't worked at in 3 years. It wasn't a COMPANY phone, I only got the corporate discount. I still tell them I am at the company (and might be going back again soon).
    With this RAZR, I get a close shave
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Airwolf79 View Post
    Afaik, you have to use cdma workshop to get the Thunderbolt on pp, and it isn't really something that most people want to do. Although, you could get someone to flash it for you.