1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.0.4 Stock <- Awesome

Default Saving Contacts to Google Account Help

Hey all, I have this small issue:

First, refer to this image:

How can I save those 108 contacts to the gmail account instead so that when I sign in on my new phone it will grab all those google contacts? I tried re-syncing on the thunderbolt but it doesn't work.

Default Re: Saving Contacts to Google Account Help

I don't think there is an easy way to do it unfortunately. Not from what i've seen in the past. You can export them in the setting, then try re-importing them as google contacts. Never tried it, so not sure exactly how to do it. Wish they would've made it simpler to switch.

I know you want to use Google, but you could use MyBackUp Pro to do it.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.0.4 Stock <- Awesome

What are the "hard" ways then, I'm quite tech-savvy.

In the People app, try exporting them to SD card then importing from SD card (Menu, Import/Export). During the import process when prompted "Create contact under account", choose Google. After it's done importing to Google, in the People app, hit Menu, View and uncheck all except Google or you'll see duplicates. You can also see there how many contacts are in each area to match them up. Finally, you'll want to check your sync settings to ensure contacts are being synced to Google.

ROM
    The ROM of the day...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Iceycold View Post
    Hey all, I have this small issue:

First, refer to this image:

How can I save those 108 contacts to the gmail account instead so that when I sign in on my new phone it will grab all those google contacts? I tried re-syncing on the thunderbolt but it doesn't work.
    This is what I would do:

1. Download / Install / Run Go Contacts
    2. After that is installed go into the APP
    3. Pick MENU --> Im-Export
    4. Then EXPORT to SD Card (it usually puts it in the home directory on the SD card. the file should be named "Contact_XXXXXXXXXX" = X meaning the date).
    5. Then hook up your phone and after it connects
    6. While your phone is connected to your PC, go into GMAIL on the web and go to contacts --> More --> Import
    7. Navigate to the phone (Removable drive X)
    8. Scroll down to the CONTACTS file, click it, follow screen....and voila.....done!

Hope that helps!
    With this RAZR, I get a close shave
    My Blog
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.0.4 Stock <- Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Synycalwon View Post
    In the People app, try exporting them to SD card then importing from SD card (Menu, Import/Export). During the import process when prompted "Create contact under account", choose Google. After it's done importing to Google, in the People app, hit Menu, View and uncheck all except Google or you'll see duplicates. You can also see there how many contacts are in each area to match them up. Finally, you'll want to check your sync settings to ensure contacts are being synced to Google.
    Worked like magic, thanks man! Easy and worked great.