Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Global Posts
    1,022 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyBlur v1.3

It's anyone successfully tethering without a tether plan? (Wi-Fi tether for root users)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    Carrier: Verizon / Device: Motorola Droid Razr M / Android Version: 4.3 / Android ROM: Paranoid Android

Default Re: ICS Leaked for the Tunderbolt

With this ROM, do we have to worry about a future OTA update?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterEvilAce View Post
    With this ROM, do we have to worry about a future OTA update?
    Highly doubt it as this ROM is based on a test build and doesn't have official release keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven.07 View Post
    It's anyone successfully tethering without a tether plan? (Wi-Fi tether for root users)

I saw this on Rootz:

"OK open wifi tether
    open settings
    choose device profile
    select "generic ice/KB wlan0 "
    enable or disable routing fix (either seems fine on my phone)
    enjoy the wifi XD"

Thanks to DeReaper. Hopefully it will work for you.

Global Posts
    1,022 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyBlur v1.3

Quote Originally Posted by mightyfacundo View Post
    I saw this on Rootz:

"OK open wifi tether
    open settings
    choose device profile
    select "generic ice/KB wlan0 "
    enable or disable routing fix (either seems fine on my phone)
    enjoy the wifi XD"

Thanks to DeReaper. Hopefully it will work for you.
    Yep, someone informed me off my stupidity () on xda. I had forgotten about that change device type. Hadn't had to change it in awhile :P
    Carrier: Verizon / Device: Motorola Droid Razr M / Android Version: 4.3 / Android ROM: Paranoid Android

Yes. I flashed the newest radios and that did solve my reboot problem with Bluetooth turned on.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Ummm....dumb question here. How do I set/change the apps in the bottom toolbar. All I have in that bottom bar is "all app" and I have no apps on my lockscreen (where there should be 4 of them, and yes, I have that option enabled to have them in the lockscreen.) Help please.

sent from my bolt using tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AZSALUKI View Post
    Ummm....dumb question here. How do I set/change the apps in the bottom toolbar. All I have in that bottom bar is "all app" and I have no apps on my lockscreen (where there should be 4 of them, and yes, I have that option enabled to have them in the lockscreen.) Help please.

Put whichever apps you want to go in the dock on the home page. Hold and click on the first app and then drag it into the dock. Then do the rest of the apps the same way. Whichever apps you put in your dock will then show up on the lock screen.
    Thanked by:

Thank you! Now I have another. Isn't screenshooting now native? How do I do that? (Used to use an app that isn't working now)

Hold the power button and the down volume button for about a second. I swear that's it, but you might be able to hold the power button and the home button too.
    Thanked by 2:
    armeddroid likes this.

Power and home works. Thanks!

armeddroid likes this.

Power and home works. Thanks!

Can I ask a favor? Can you see if Screen Capture will work if you hold the power and down volume buttons? I ask because that's the only way I can do it. Power and home doesn't work for me. Thanks.
    What does that do?

ROM
    Stock ICS

power and volume does not work for me, power home for me...

Thanks for checking. That's weird and I wonder why power/home doesn't work for me. One of life's little mysteries, I guess.

Can you guys post up some screenshots of the new changes please?
    Thanks in advance!

I know most rooted users are just thrilled to get a working ics rom and i don't blame you - never knew we'd get it!

That said....my phone is a key to me livelihood. From what I have been reading between the lines this rom is a little buggy. I can't have that. Anybody find this rom totally functional? I don't want to give up anything that already works perfectly in gb.

Please understand I'm not knocking the developer. I'm very grateful. I'm just not sure the rom has been debugged enough to be my daily driver.

Thanks for your impressions!

Quote Originally Posted by recDNA View Post
    I know most rooted users are just thrilled to get a working ics rom and i don't blame you - never knew we'd get it!

That said....my phone is a key to me livelihood. From what I have been reading between the lines this rom is a little buggy. I can't have that. Anybody find this rom totally functional? I don't want to give up anything that already works perfectly in gb.

Please understand I'm not knocking the developer. I'm very grateful. I'm just not sure the rom has been debugged enough to be my daily driver.

Mine is completely functional after freezing some bloat and setting it up. My first load it was a bit laggy, but now it's great.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AntiAppel View Post
    Now if someone will just mirror the file.

Truth.

So after reading all the posts thus far, is anybody using the radios from .9 AND NOT having problems with the ICS leak?

Quote Originally Posted by recDNA View Post

It may be time consuming, but if you take the time to wipe, reset, use proper radios, etc. This is not buggy. It will be my daily driver. The roported bugs all have fixes (so far) over on bamf. Working Bluetooth, wifi, and tether. Granted it has only been a day, but I have no issues (battery is pretty bad though).

Quote Originally Posted by mightyfacundo View Post
    Can I ask a favor? Can you see if Screen Capture will work if you hold the power and down volume buttons? I ask because that's the only way I can do it. Power and home doesn't work for me. Thanks.
    Power and volume wouldn't work for me. I press (and hold) power and immediately touch home and it works.

Quote Originally Posted by armeddroid View Post
    Can you guys post up some screenshots of the new changes please?
    Thanks in advance!
    I'll post since you asked, but it really just looks lime HTC sense. You'd barely know it is ics until you get into the menus and functions. Diggin the new notification pull down options and the drag and drop to create folders.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ICS Leaked for the Tunderbolt-uploadfromtaptalk1345737612549.jpg  
    Thanked by 2:

It may be time consuming, but if you take the time to wipe, reset, use proper radios, etc. This is not buggy. It will be my daily driver. The roported bugs all have fixes (so far) over on bamf. Working Bluetooth, wifi, and tether. Granted it has only been a day, but I have no issues (battery is pretty bad though).
    Not surprising battery life isn't very good considering the leak is based on a test build that probably hasn't been fully tweaked yet. That or ICS and the new Sense 3.6 is hurting battery or it just takes time for things to settle. Either way from what I've read about this leak and seen with ICS so far, I'm still content to stay on Gingerbread and older Sense 2.1.

I'll post since you asked, but it really just looks lime HTC sense. You'd barely know it is ics until you get into the menus and functions. Diggin the new notification pull down options and the drag and drop to create folders.
    Thanks for the screen shot. That's a cool background! Although I have to agree with others that new dock is ugly and takes up too much room. I know the older curved dock is less customizable, but IMO just looks better. Wish it was still an option in the new Sense 3.6.

Oh, btw, just curious; can you get rid of that Google search widget/bar? It's not static on every screen is it?

Can you recall what the fix is for not being able to get the WiFi to work? And which radios are you having success with? I'm still trying to figure out this WiFi thing, and I want to account for as many variables as possible. Thanks.

And thanks for checking the screen capture. I still think it's odd that mine only works with the power/down combo. Why would my phone be different?

How do you install once it is downloaded?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast