Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Default Re: ICS Leaked for the Tunderbolt

Quote Originally Posted by AZSALUKI View Post
    I'll post since you asked, but it really just looks lime HTC sense. You'd barely know it is ics until you get into the menus and functions. Diggin the new notification pull down options and the drag and drop to create folders.

sent from my bolt using tapatalk
    Appreciate that.
    Even tho its Sense 3.6.
    Its quite a jump from Sense 2.1.

So how does the phone feel overall?
    In terms of function and practical use?
    Thanked by:
    quatto 

I download it to my pc, drop it on the root of my sd, reboot into recovery, flash superwipe, manually clear data, cache, and dalvik, and then flash the rom.
    AZSALUKI likes this.

Global Posts
    1,022 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyBlur v1.3

It may be time consuming, but if you take the time to wipe, reset, use proper radios, etc. This is not buggy. It will be my daily driver. The roported bugs all have fixes (so far) over on bamf. Working Bluetooth, wifi, and tether. Granted it has only been a day, but I have no issues (battery is pretty bad though).

Just have been experiencing typical TB issues switching towers and 3/4G. WiFi tether working with .19 radios.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    Carrier: Verizon / Device: Motorola Droid Razr M / Android Version: 4.3 / Android ROM: Paranoid Android

Quote Originally Posted by armeddroid View Post
    Appreciate that.
    Even tho its Sense 3.6.
    Its quite a jump from Sense 2.1.

So how does the phone feel overall?
    In terms of function and practical use?
    Feels great. Its little things, but I love the swipe away notifications (instead of clear all). There is really not that much diffidence in the UI.....just a few nice new features. Drag and drop to create folders is cool too.

Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by mightyfacundo View Post
    Can you recall what the fix is for not being able to get the WiFi to work? And which radios are you having success with? I'm still trying to figure out this WiFi thing, and I want to account for as many variables as possible. Thanks.

And thanks for checking the screen capture. I still think it's odd that mine only works with the power/down combo. Why would my phone be different?
    Tell me how to find my radios and I'll tell you what I'm using.....LOL. I'm either still on my old radios (whatever came with bamf forever) or have whatever is built in to this rom, ad I did not flash any radios. My wifi just worked from the git go. I had issues with tether but solved that with help from that thread on bamf's site.

mightyfacundo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chicolax2 View Post
    How do you install once it is downloaded?
    Are you rooted? You have to root first. If you're unsure how to flash ROMs I might suggest Googling the subject and watching a few YouTube videos first. Its not difficult but there are particular steps you want to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Synycalwon View Post
    Not surprising battery life isn't very good considering the leak is based on a test build that probably hasn't been fully tweaked yet. That or ICS and the new Sense 3.6 is hurting battery or it just takes time for things to settle. Either way from what I've read about this leak and seen with ICS so far, I'm still content to stay on Gingerbread and older Sense 2.1.

Thanks for the screen shot. That's a cool background! Although I have to agree with others that new dock is ugly and takes up too much room. I know the older curved dock is less customizable, but IMO just looks better. Wish it was still an option in the new Sense 3.6.

Oh, btw, just curious; can you get rid of that Google search widget/bar? It's not static on every screen is it?
    I put the widget there. Its not on any other homescreens. I like the dock. 5 spots instead of 3 and I suspect once the custom roms begin, we will have options for a different look.

I miss the Bluetooth voice dialing. I wonder if this will be back for the official release? I'm like a few other ICS users out there. How could they have taken this feature out?
    Galaxy nexus!

Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock 2.3.4

ICS Leaked for the Tunderbolt-uploadfromtaptalk1345753268433.jpg

Tell me how to find my radios and I'll tell you what I'm using.....LOL. I'm either still on my old radios (whatever came with bamf forever) or have whatever is built in to this rom, ad I did not flash any radios. My wifi just worked from the git go. I had issues with tether but solved that with help from that thread on bamf's site.

Go to Menu, Settings, About Phone, Software Information, and find the Baseband Version. I have the radio from the most recent .19 OTA (1.49.00.0406w_1, 0.01.79.0331w_1). These are the ones everyone is recommending if you're experiencing the "bluetooth bug", and I can confirm that my Bolt doesn't go into a boot loop when I turn it on. Actually, other than WiFi, everything works pretty well after some tweaking. I think the Devs are going to have some nice ROMs for us soon.

Power and volume wouldn't work for me. I press (and hold) power and immediately touch home and it works.

It works both ways for me, but when using power and volume down, you have to hold them pressed for a little longer.
    Thanked by:
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #87  

I have the same radios, and have working wi-fi just fine, although I think it may have just froze my phone, which it was doing before. I'll have to do some more testing. Personally I just can't really get behind Sense, so I'm currently running the NOVA Launcher, and am loving that so far.
    Thanked by:

Go to Menu, Settings, About Phone, Software Information, and find the Baseband Version. I have the radio from the most recent .19 OTA (1.49.00.0406w_1, 0.01.79.0331w_1). These are the ones everyone is recommending if you're experiencing the "bluetooth bug", and I can confirm that my Bolt doesn't go into a boot loop when I turn it on. Actually, other than WiFi, everything works pretty well after some tweaking. I think the Devs are going to have some nice ROMs for us soon.
    1.39.00.0627r, 0.01.69.0625r
    I know mine are old. I want to say I flashed mr2 nearly a year ago and haven't switched. I was on the same rom for nearly a year because it was flawless for me. I don't use bt so haven't tested......but these radios have been solid for me. Toggling 3g/4g is flaky but I think that's been the case with all radios.

Thanked by:

Thanks for the feedback on the radios. I'm starting to think that something is interfering with my WiFi radio's ability to communicate with Sense. I tried downloading a third party app to use to connect the WiFi, but that didn't work either. I just hope it's not a problem that prevents me from flashing any of the ICS based ROMs that come out, but if I'm "stuck" using the GB ROMs, that's really not such a bad thing.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #90  

On the subject of dropping data, when I was running thundershed, it seemed to happen often, since flashing this Rom, I have not lost data a single time.

I've only lost data when trying to toggle 3g/4g and even then all I had to do was use the mobile data switch (off then on) to get it back.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiAppel View Post
    On the subject of dropping data, when I was running thundershed, it seemed to happen often, since flashing this Rom, I have not lost data a single time.

Curious, were you on a different radio before?
    (when you were on thundershed, which radio did you have, and which radio are you on now?)

I'm on bamf forever 1.10 for about a year now, with .5 radio, only asking since maybe, just maybe, I can flash a newer radio and not have intermittent tower problems. (although I seem to experience less now, I did also read from others that they still had problems with newest radio when not on ics, and before the leak came out).

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by Green_Laser; 08-24-2012 at 10:35 PM.
    TI-83 > HP 12c > Blackberry Storm (9530) > HTC Thunderbolt > Moto X (2nd Gen.)
    עם ישראל חי
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #93  

I've used this radio for quite some time now, even when using thundershed.

ROM
    Stock

Where can I get the newest radios? I am using a really old one!
    ThunderboltTool Developer

ROM
    Liquid JB v2.1 Alpha6

I've got a rom coming based off of the leak

Quote Originally Posted by o0cdiddy View Post
    ...we should rename the TB the Menstrualbolt
    If you like something i have done and would like to contribute my nerd fund, you may do so here
    Thanked by:
    Green_Laser and mightyfacundo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by trter10-2 View Post
    I've got a rom coming based off of the leak
    Click to view quoted image

Sounds good! I'll be looking forward to it! Any chance you might switch out the WiFi for what's in Liquid/Jester's ICS build? WiFi still won't work for me on the leak, and I'd love to give your ROM a run. Thanks if it's possible!

Quote Originally Posted by romiust View Post
    Where can I get the newest radios? I am using a really old one!
    Check here:

xda-developers - View Single Post - New Radio Rip 2.11.605.19 PG05IMG.zip
    Thanked by:
    ThunderboltTool Developer

ROM
    Liquid JB v2.1 Alpha6

Sounds good! I'll be looking forward to it! Any chance you might switch out the WiFi for what's in Liquid/Jester's ICS build? WiFi still won't work for me on the leak, and I'd love to give your ROM a run. Thanks if it's possible!
    It would be near impossible for me because:
    1 - I'm a ROM noob so i wouldn't know how xD
    2 - It is the AOSP wifi library not sense

Quote Originally Posted by o0cdiddy View Post
    ...we should rename the TB the Menstrualbolt
    If you like something i have done and would like to contribute my nerd fund, you may do so here

Quote Originally Posted by trter10-2 View Post
    It would be near impossible for me because:
    1 - I'm a ROM noob so i wouldn't know how xD
    2 - It is the AOSP wifi library not sense

Well, I thought I would ask. Still looking forward to it though! Thanks.

I have been running the ICS 4.0.3 leak for a couple days now and with medium usage (checking facebook,watching youtube,downloading apps...ect) I am getting great battery life.ICS Leaked for the Tunderbolt-screenshot-2-.jpg
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast