ICS Leaked for the Tunderbolt

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I know most rooted users are just thrilled to get a working ics rom and i don't blame you - never knew we'd get it!

That said....my phone is a key to me livelihood. From what I have been reading between the lines this rom is a little buggy. I can't have that. Anybody find this rom totally functional? I don't want to give up anything that already works perfectly in gb.

Please understand I'm not knocking the developer. I'm very grateful. I'm just not sure the rom has been debugged enough to be my daily driver.

Thanks for your impressions!

thunderbolt_nick

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I know most rooted users are just thrilled to get a working ics rom and i don't blame you - never knew we'd get it!

That said....my phone is a key to me livelihood. From what I have been reading between the lines this rom is a little buggy. I can't have that. Anybody find this rom totally functional? I don't want to give up anything that already works perfectly in gb.

Please understand I'm not knocking the developer. I'm very grateful. I'm just not sure the rom has been debugged enough to be my daily driver.

Mine is completely functional after freezing some bloat and setting it up. My first load it was a bit laggy, but now it's great.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

AZSALUKI

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

It may be time consuming, but if you take the time to wipe, reset, use proper radios, etc. This is not buggy. It will be my daily driver. The roported bugs all have fixes (so far) over on bamf. Working Bluetooth, wifi, and tether. Granted it has only been a day, but I have no issues (battery is pretty bad though).

sent from my bolt using tapatalk

AZSALUKI

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Can I ask a favor? Can you see if Screen Capture will work if you hold the power and down volume buttons? I ask because that's the only way I can do it. Power and home doesn't work for me. Thanks.

Power and volume wouldn't work for me. I press (and hold) power and immediately touch home and it works.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
It may be time consuming, but if you take the time to wipe, reset, use proper radios, etc. This is not buggy. It will be my daily driver. The roported bugs all have fixes (so far) over on bamf. Working Bluetooth, wifi, and tether. Granted it has only been a day, but I have no issues (battery is pretty bad though).

Not surprising battery life isn't very good considering the leak is based on a test build that probably hasn't been fully tweaked yet. That or ICS and the new Sense 3.6 is hurting battery or it just takes time for things to settle. Either way from what I've read about this leak and seen with ICS so far, I'm still content to stay on Gingerbread and older Sense 2.1. :)

I'll post since you asked, but it really just looks lime HTC sense. You'd barely know it is ics until you get into the menus and functions. Diggin the new notification pull down options and the drag and drop to create folders.

Thanks for the screen shot. That's a cool background! Although I have to agree with others that new dock is ugly and takes up too much room. I know the older curved dock is less customizable, but IMO just looks better. Wish it was still an option in the new Sense 3.6. :(

Oh, btw, just curious; can you get rid of that Google search widget/bar? It's not static on every screen is it?

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

Can you recall what the fix is for not being able to get the WiFi to work? And which radios are you having success with? I'm still trying to figure out this WiFi thing, and I want to account for as many variables as possible. Thanks.

And thanks for checking the screen capture. I still think it's odd that mine only works with the power/down combo. Why would my phone be different?

armeddroid

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I'll post since you asked, but it really just looks lime HTC sense. You'd barely know it is ics until you get into the menus and functions. Diggin the new notification pull down options and the drag and drop to create folders.

Appreciate that.
Even tho its Sense 3.6. :D
Its quite a jump from Sense 2.1.

So how does the phone feel overall?
In terms of function and practical use?

Reactions: quatto

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I download it to my pc, drop it on the root of my sd, reboot into recovery, flash superwipe, manually clear data, cache, and dalvik, and then flash the rom.

motoroid7

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

Just have been experiencing typical TB issues switching towers and 3/4G. WiFi tether working with .19 radios.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

AZSALUKI

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Appreciate that.
Even tho its Sense 3.6. :D
Its quite a jump from Sense 2.1.

So how does the phone feel overall?
In terms of function and practical use?

Feels great. Its little things, but I love the swipe away notifications (instead of clear all). There is really not that much diffidence in the UI.....just a few nice new features. Drag and drop to create folders is cool too.

Reactions: armeddroid

AZSALUKI

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Can you recall what the fix is for not being able to get the WiFi to work? And which radios are you having success with? I'm still trying to figure out this WiFi thing, and I want to account for as many variables as possible. Thanks.

And thanks for checking the screen capture. I still think it's odd that mine only works with the power/down combo. Why would my phone be different?

Tell me how to find my radios and I'll tell you what I'm using.....LOL. I'm either still on my old radios (whatever came with bamf forever) or have whatever is built in to this rom, ad I did not flash any radios. My wifi just worked from the git go. I had issues with tether but solved that with help from that thread on bamf's site.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781