gvlakers

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
This tells me it's still needing work, and not ready for release

HTC.jpg

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I love that response- I'm filing a grievance. Haha! People just don't understand the legal system. :-/

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: mrtonk

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I love that response- I'm filing a grievance. Haha! People just don't understand the legal system. :-/

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Lol seriously. Rushing to push out updates when they aren't ready is one of the reasons we get so many buggy updates. Then the same people who threatened and whined about it not coming fast enough are right back on there threatening to sue because the update 'broke their phone'. Personally I'd rather wait a little longer and get something that works right as opposed to a thrown together, busted P.O.S, but maybe that's just me...

Patience is a virtue :p

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch

Spacemaker24

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
When it comes to mobile tech there seems to be an extreme abundance of overly entitled impatient people with a stunning lack of ability to see the big picture.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: mrtonk

KJ78

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
As long as they are working on it and it will be here in a reasonable amount of time, thats all I care about

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
And yet if they gave the RIL information, and maybe an updated radio, to the developers, we'd have a ROM like Liquid ICS with perfectly working radio and no bugs/HTC laggyness.

And we would have had it 6 months ago.

But no, instead we are forced to sit here and twiddle our thumbs while they work on updating the device. That leak a week ago? It was build-date stamped as late April. APRIL. If that truly is the build they're working with then what the !@#$. That shows just how much they really are trying to push this update out. That they use an out-dated version of Android (4.0.3 instead of 4.0.4 which DOES make a nice difference) and its from months ago. Sad.

And really, how can ANYONE blame Verizon for this? Verizon's job in updating phones is limited to: making sure the update doesn't cause phones to fry in turn screwing up their network, and distrubiting the actual update itself. VERIZON does not cook up the RUU's, HTC does.

So if HTC is sending Verizon updated builds once every 4 months, how is that Verizon's fault? It's HTC's fault. They're the ones who lose money when they make an update, or miss out on a new phone sale. Prolonging the life of this device = lost money for them, and in the business world that is the overruling decision making factor on everything.

Bottom line: I'm done with HTC. Bring on the new Nexus, and please let it be a Samsung device.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Hey Rob, I'm glad you're satisfied with being behind the times.

Let me introduce you to the Amish, I'm sure you'll make great friends.

/sarcasm off

Seriously, why wouldn't you want your device to be running the latest and greatest software? If you had to buy a whole new computer, just to put the newest version of Windows on it EVERY YEAR then you'd see quite a few people upset.

But because this is a phone people let it slide. Well thats good for you that you have reached nirvana and are at peace with Gingerbread, personally I'm a bit ticked off that this phone has been pretty horrible from the start and still is receiving piss-poor support.

Some people just don't care. Apparently you're in the wrong if you do care about the things you spend money on.

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

/sarcasm off

Seriously, why wouldn't you want your device to be running the latest and greatest software? If you had to buy a whole new computer, just to put the newest version of Windows on it EVERY YEAR then you'd see quite a few people upset.

But because this is a phone people let it slide. Well thats good for you that you have reached nirvana and are at peace with Gingerbread, personally I'm a bit ticked off that this phone has been pretty horrible from the start and still is receiving piss-poor support.

Some people just don't care. Apparently you're in the wrong if you do care about the things you spend money on.

Yeah but to get the newest version of Windows, you also have to pay $100 or more. It's sent to you via a "free" update from Microsoft.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah but to get the newest version of Windows, you also have to pay $100 or more. It's sent to you via a "free" update from Microsoft.

Which is atypical of any massive software update such as Windows XP to Windows 7.

And in such a case, would you like it if you had to pay $100 for the software update, and an addition $600 because your computer manufacturer refuses to let you update the software?

That's what's going on here. You bought the hardware (HTC) and it runs the software (Google) Android platform. Google updates Android pretty often, much like Windows releases service packs. Windows doesn't charge for service packs. Google doesn't charge for Android updates. Hardware manufacturers do charge you to update your phone however, by forcing your device to be held back from accepting Googles newest updates, and the only way to get those "service packs" is to get a new device from the hardware manufacturer.

Don't you see how bogus this is? Or are you just one of those people that don't care.

F350-6

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Drew Reis said:
Central Time, HTC you have exactly 39 minutes to release the ICS update for the Thunderbolt update or I WILL be filing a grievance with the FCC and will not be purchasing another HTC device. Motorola will be my device of choice from now on.

I think guys like this are the reason I'm on hold so long when I have to call customer service at places.

Don't you see how bogus this is? Or are you just one of those people that don't care.

It's marketing 101. Phone companies make phones. Once market saturation sets in, they rely on folks buying new phones instead of keeping their old ones. The way to do this is come up with a "new & improved" carrot and try and convince you how you can't live without it.

Automakers do the same thing. They'll build a car, offer a 5 year 100k warranty, and then try to convince you to trade it in on a newer one in 2 or 3 years.

rookie83

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
By the time an update ICS comes out I'll be eligible for an upgrade but I wont be using it till the TB dies and even then I may just get a TB on insurance first and hold out to CES in January to see whats coming

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
It's marketing 101. Phone companies make phones. Once market saturation sets in, they rely on folks buying new phones instead of keeping their old ones. The way to do this is come up with a "new & improved" carrot and try and convince you how you can't live without it.

Automakers do the same thing. They'll build a car, offer a 5 year 100k warranty, and then try to convince you to trade it in on a newer one in 2 or 3 years.

Too true mate. It's blatantly obvious that's exactly what is happening here.

I'm just offended that in the way these new upgrades to Android roll out have such a huge impact on the way our devices connect, that we can't just build a ROM from source that will allow us to update our phones ourselves. It's so frustrating.

wschlitz

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Lol seriously. Rushing to push out updates when they aren't ready is one of the reasons we get so many buggy updates. Then the same people who threatened and whined about it not coming fast enough are right back on there threatening to sue because the update 'broke their phone'. Personally I'd rather wait a little longer and get something that works right as opposed to a thrown together, busted P.O.S, but maybe that's just me...

Patience is a virtue :p

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch

Me no like waiting!

No, but seriously, if HTC had said, "We'll try and get the update out before Sep 1", it would be fine.

But they said they would get it out. So people are understandably mad.

chuckh0308

Apr 3, 2011
www.welcomehomeseattle.com
I'm sure that having douchenozzles post stupid things on their FB page really makes them want to put extra effort in getting the update out! I'm sure VZW is receiving some hate too, and I'm sure they too will want to put forth that extra effort. To put it another way, if I were in charge at HTC and were reading posts from kiddies with serious entitlement issues, I would just stop the whole process. There are probably only 12 (OK, maybe 13...) people left using the T-Bolt anyway at this point.

I just hope that when they do get it out it's not as full of bugs as the ICS update for my Toshiba Thrives. Craptastic!

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

/sarcasm off

Why do opinions have to turn into a right-or-wrong argument? Lighten up a little. Disagreement on what constitutes a working smartphone doesn't mean the person you are disagreeing with is stupid or ignorant.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

armeddroid

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad to see the hate. I'm glad that people are complaining. Gives HTC bad publicity to show them the errors of their ways.
Updates that prolong the life of your phone's OS makes your phone run better. Simple.
Surprised to hear anyone with a device say that they don't want an update that makes their unit better.

Updates shows people they made a wise investment in the phone they bought which brings back customers and inspires brand loyalty and vice versa. Customers who are aware of the update have every right to be upset and have not kept it a secret voicing out their opinions.

HTC is to blame. Latest finance reports just made them aware of what they lacked and now blamed internal corporate skirmishes within, that prevented them to progress their marketing and manufacturing strategies to save some face.

HTC just fell behind and now Samsung has toppled HTC's spot who was on top with best phones and quickest updates. Samsung is now king with Googlerola coming close behind Samsung.
HTC only had the One X. The rest fall short. Even the Incredible 4g LTE was butchered for American shores.

I want the update. It should have been here but nevertheless, I'm now making preparations to find a new phone.

-NX-7-

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad to see the hate. I'm glad that people are complaining. Gives HTC bad publicity to show them the errors of their ways.
Updates that prolong the life of your phone's OS makes your phone run better. Simple.
Surprised to hear anyone with a device say that they don't want an update that makes their unit better.

Updates shows people they made a wise investment in the phone they bought which brings back customers and inspires brand loyalty and vice versa. Customers who are aware of the update have every right to be upset and have not kept it a secret voicing out their opinions.

HTC is to blame. Latest finance reports just made them aware of what they lacked and now blamed internal corporate skirmishes within, that prevented them to progress their marketing and manufacturing strategies to save some face.

HTC just fell behind and now Samsung has toppled HTC's spot who was on top with best phones and quickest updates. Samsung is now king with Googlerola coming close behind Samsung.
HTC only had the One X. The rest fall short. Even the Incredible 4g LTE was butchered for American shores.

I want the update. It should have been here but nevertheless, I'm now making preparations to find a new phone.

-NX-7-

Careful armeddroid, you're speaking too much reason and logic for these forums. You might get flamed like I am.

PS - really couldn't have said that better myself.