Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

ROM
    stock 4.1.2

Default Re: Ice cream sandwich

Well ain't that some sh#t...

How do the T-bolt and Bionic compare in terms of hardware and specs?

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Spacemaker24 View Post
    How do the T-bolt and Bionic compare in terms of hardware and specs?
    Bionic has better hardware specs; dual core processor (to Thunderbolt's single core), a full 1GB RAM (to Thunderbolt's 768MB), and 16GB built-in storage (to Thunderbolt's 8GB). That last one shouldn't make any difference regarding ICS, but the dual core and full 1GB RAM can (and will) make a big difference in how well ICS would run on the Bionic versus the Thunderbolt. It also appears that Motorola's skin is a lot lighter on resources than HTC Sense, so in the end the Bionic should have no problem running ICS.

I installed the leaked ICS that made the rounds a couple of months ago. Looks nice, except the battery in my TBolt lasts for an hour or so. LOL, Yikes!

ROM
    stock 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Metups View Post
    I installed the leaked ICS that made the rounds a couple of months ago. Looks nice, except the battery in my TBolt lasts for an hour or so. LOL, Yikes!
    Yeah, it's the kernel. I think it doesn't allow the phone to sleep and hence the battery drain.

Try giving Liquid's ICS MR3 a whirl, you can find it on xda. I've been using it since MR1 and it's more solid with better battery than anything else I've tried, stock or otherwise. AOSP>>>sense 3.6 skinned ics which is what they'd be rolling out officially. If you haven't rooted, now is the time

from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    stock 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by viper31573 View Post

from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    Sync originally posted this story just for fun... please don't be the only person that's following this junk from gottabemobile.

I sure as heck hope that the official update lands at some point. It would be great if it happened before Thanksgiving but I am not holding my breath. I need to keep this phone for 6 more months before my contract ends and I can move to one of the prepaid plans on another provider.
    I choose Android...it's only logical.

Quote Originally Posted by Treknologist View Post
    I sure as heck hope that the official update lands at some point. It would be great if it happened before Thanksgiving but I am not holding my breath. I need to keep this phone for 6 more months before my contract ends and I can move to one of the prepaid plans on another provider.
    Good or bad, it sure would breathe new life into this thing. I'd love to get one of these new whizbang phones when I can, but I can live with my Bolt a little longer. Just hoping-against-hope that HTC doesn't introduce any NEW bugs with any new OTA ...

Quote Originally Posted by hannsoft View Post
    Good or bad, it sure would breathe new life into this thing. I'd love to get one of these new whizbang phones when I can, but I can live with my Bolt a little longer. Just hoping-against-hope that HTC doesn't introduce any NEW bugs with any new OTA ...
    Agreed. ICS will definitely breathe new life into the TBolt. The customizable dock alone will be a big plus.

I personally can't wait for ICS on my Droid Incredible 2, but I agree that I wouldn't want any new bugs being introduced with a new update.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums
    ZachA likes this.

I have to stop reading these posts! Last night I dreamed I got ICS on my phone. I swear to God I saw it say 4.0 on the screen LOLOL. I never remember my dreams either so you have to know this was vivid!
    mightyfacundo likes this.

ROM
    stock updates

My thunderbolt is getting Jelly Bean as soon as I decide what new phone I'm getting!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rookie83 View Post
    My thunderbolt is getting Jelly Bean as soon as I decide what new phone I'm getting!!!!!
    Hehe, and then all of sudden it'll start spontaneously rebooting...

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2

According to GBM, the TB is still slated for an ICS upgrade and could be coming around Thanksgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid Stew View Post
    According to GBM, the TB is still slated for an ICS upgrade and could be coming around Thanksgiving.
    That's the current rumor. Let's hope it is true.

Global Posts
    393 Global Posts

I got 6 months to go too. At this point, I'd only want ICS on the Tbolt for shi#s n' giggles. I could care less anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by makeshift View Post
    I got 6 months to go too. At this point, I'd only want ICS on the Tbolt for shi#s n' giggles. I could care less anymore.
    LOL Well, I wouldn't mind having some of the ICS features to use on the TBolt and that customizable dock looks great. After 6 months, it will be Nexus for me.

Global Posts
    393 Global Posts

LOL Well, I wouldn't mind having some of the ICS features to use on the TBolt and that customizable dock looks great. After 6 months, it will be Nexus for me.

I've actually been considering going back to a "regular" phone when my contract is up. I love the features and convenience of a smartphone, but not the battery life (which makes all the features and convenience, inconvenient). But Verizon has only 2 options- crap phones and smartphones.

Quote Originally Posted by makeshift View Post
    I've actually been considering going back to a "regular" phone when my contract is up. I love the features and convenience of a smartphone, but not the battery life (which makes all the features and convenience, inconvenient). But Verizon has only 2 options- crap phones and smartphones.
    One of the reasons I'm leaving Verizon for prepaid service (most likely with TMO) is that I can switch phones whenever I want. I, however, don't see myself going back to a regular phone. I've been using smartphones since the early days (Windows mobile and Palm).

You'd think Verizon was developing the cure for cancer. It's a god damn phone update. What possible justification is there for such a disgraceful length of time for this phone (A former "flagship" phone. Verizon's first 4g phone. The phone sucking hind tit.) to not have ICS? As soon as my contract is up I'm moving to a nexus with a monthly contract with another company. The reception will be worse. The speeds will be worse. The data might be capped. But I won't have to deal with Verizon anymore.

the S4 is gonna have key lime pie on it. android 4.2 and we still dont have ICS lol

im eligible for an upgrade now, but my tbolt works good, so im waiting for the S4, possibly when i get back from vegas in the spring

Quote Originally Posted by viper31573 View Post
    im eligible for an upgrade now, but my tbolt works good, so im waiting for the S4, possibly when i get back from vegas in the spring
    I could upgrade now as well IF I wanted to stay on a contract with Verizon. Since that is not what I want to do, I'll wait until March to get the Nexus 4 and switch to a prepaid plan on TMO most likely. That or AT&T. I'll have to see what I do then.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast