Ice cream sandwich

firepsych

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
They're rolling out ICS for the Bionic. Now maybe the one tech guy who was assigned ti the Tbolt is freed up and he can start working on /leaking for the Tbolt.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

redcat22

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
They're rolling out ICS for the Bionic. Now maybe the one tech guy who was assigned ti the Tbolt is freed up and he can start working on /leaking for the Tbolt.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Rolling out for Bionic? Is it actively being pushed out now is it still just "planned"?

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
How do the T-bolt and Bionic compare in terms of hardware and specs?

Bionic has better hardware specs; dual core processor (to Thunderbolt's single core), a full 1GB RAM (to Thunderbolt's 768MB), and 16GB built-in storage (to Thunderbolt's 8GB). That last one shouldn't make any difference regarding ICS, but the dual core and full 1GB RAM can (and will) make a big difference in how well ICS would run on the Bionic versus the Thunderbolt. It also appears that Motorola's skin is a lot lighter on resources than HTC Sense, so in the end the Bionic should have no problem running ICS.

Metups

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I installed the leaked ICS that made the rounds a couple of months ago. Looks nice, except the battery in my TBolt lasts for an hour or so. LOL, Yikes!

redcat22

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I installed the leaked ICS that made the rounds a couple of months ago. Looks nice, except the battery in my TBolt lasts for an hour or so. LOL, Yikes!

Yeah, it's the kernel. I think it doesn't allow the phone to sleep and hence the battery drain.

oreogato

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Try giving Liquid's ICS MR3 a whirl, you can find it on xda. I've been using it since MR1 and it's more solid with better battery than anything else I've tried, stock or otherwise. AOSP>>>sense 3.6 skinned ics which is what they'd be rolling out officially. If you haven't rooted, now is the time

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I sure as heck hope that the official update lands at some point. It would be great if it happened before Thanksgiving but I am not holding my breath. I need to keep this phone for 6 more months before my contract ends and I can move to one of the prepaid plans on another provider.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I sure as heck hope that the official update lands at some point. It would be great if it happened before Thanksgiving but I am not holding my breath. I need to keep this phone for 6 more months before my contract ends and I can move to one of the prepaid plans on another provider.

Good or bad, it sure would breathe new life into this thing. I'd love to get one of these new whizbang phones when I can, but I can live with my Bolt a little longer. Just hoping-against-hope that HTC doesn't introduce any NEW bugs with any new OTA ...

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Good or bad, it sure would breathe new life into this thing. I'd love to get one of these new whizbang phones when I can, but I can live with my Bolt a little longer. Just hoping-against-hope that HTC doesn't introduce any NEW bugs with any new OTA ...

Agreed. ICS will definitely breathe new life into the TBolt. The customizable dock alone will be a big plus.

dobermans rule

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I personally can't wait for ICS on my Droid Incredible 2, but I agree that I wouldn't want any new bugs being introduced with a new update.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I have to stop reading these posts! Last night I dreamed I got ICS on my phone. I swear to God I saw it say 4.0 on the screen LOLOL. I never remember my dreams either so you have to know this was vivid!