Email app

F350-6

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking for suggestions for a better email app. I'm running Liquid / Jester's ICS and need to use it to check a POP3 account (not exchange) as well as gmail and hotmail.

I tried to do some searches and was going to try K9, but it says it's not compatible with my device? Any other suggestions?

streetstrip01

Legalized Drug Dealer
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Me too, but just regular mail like AOL and Gmail. The included one on jesters ics doesn't download the message or send messages reliably and it crashes sometimes.

Ideas?

F350-6

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I just looked. It appears I can download that, but it is an ad based app. I really don't want ads in my email (for work). Are the ads on the incoming end (display) or tagged as a signature on the outgoing end?
As the dev pointed out, the ads are just displayed on the screen, on the phone so nothing goes into the emails, coming or going. There is also a paid version without ads which is probably a bit faster (my only complaint)

F350-6

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
They are not tagged onto the email, they are just shown in the inbox screens.

Good. If that's the case I'll try it. If it works well, I'll upgrade to the paid version. I just didn't want anything showing up on the outbound side while I played around with it.

F350-6

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I use k-9 and am happy with it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

The market said that K-9 wasn't compatible with my device. Maildroid seems to be doing the trick for now. I'm still learning my way around it, but so far so good.

If you don't mind sense rather than aosp, try the nusense ics Rom. Everything works

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

If I can find enough time to sit around and fart with the phone for long enough to flash a new rom, and then make sure there's time soon after to flash back if necessary, then I might try this. I'm not opposed to sense, other than it seemed laggy. How laggy is the nusense rom compared to liquid's?

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
The market said that K-9 wasn't compatible with my device. Maildroid seems to be doing the trick for now. I'm still learning my way around it, but so far so good.

If I can find enough time to sit around and fart with the phone for long enough to flash a new rom, and then make sure there's time soon after to flash back if necessary, then I might try this. I'm not opposed to sense, other than it seemed laggy. How laggy is the nusense rom compared to liquid's?

It doesn't seem to bad to me, but I'm used to sense.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie