Should I wait until Nov. to upgrade or should I go for the SG3 now?!?

Mikey D_PhD

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I've been eligible for an upgrade since June. My TB is working fine with Go Launcher EX. I'm going to wait and see what the next Nexus Device is (and see if Verizon gets it) and go from there. I'm not in a hurry, since I (thankfully) have not had the issues that others are reporting with their TBs.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I've been eligible for an upgrade since June. My TB is working fine with Go Launcher EX. I'm going to wait and see what the next Nexus Device is (and see if Verizon gets it) and go from there. I'm not in a hurry, since I (thankfully) have not had the issues that others are reporting with their TBs.

Same here. I think the S3 is an awesome phone, but I can even see waiting for the S4 if Verizon doesn't get a Nexus (or the Nexus doesn't impress me).

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Wait. If Verizon has the next awesomeness in November and you end up not liking it, the S3 is gonna be cheaper.

Just keep an eye out for Apple lawsuits if an injunction on a phone you like looks likely.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm happy with my thunderbolt. I'm keeping it

Same here, it's like an old comfortable glove; still works great and despite newer stuff out there, nothing compelling enough to make a change. Truthfully though, having a new toy in the Nexus 7 probably helps, although at the same time makes me appreciate the Thunderbolt as it works great tethering the Nexus to it. Also being my first full exposure to vanilla Android; a renewed appreciation for HTC Sense! :)

linebusy

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm due at the beginning of December. Probably going with something other than HTC, but I doubt it'll be the SG3 either.

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Here are my battery stats from my first day with my S3. After just one day of testing, I would say that the S3 with 4G on is slightly worse battery wise than my Thunderbolt was with 3G only. Not quite as awesome as I was hoping but we'll see how it goes over the next couple days. Not sure if this'll influence your upgrade decision.

Screenshot_2012-09-25-19-42-24.png

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Here are my battery stats from my first day with my S3. After just one day of testing, I would say that the S3 with 4G on is slightly worse battery wise than my Thunderbolt was with 3G only. Not quite as awesome as I was hoping but we'll see how it goes over the next couple days. Not sure if this'll influence your upgrade decision.

View attachment 38606

What do you think of it so far? Is it all kinds of awesomeness?

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
The only problem I have with my tbolt is battery

gaqusyme.jpg

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

HurtsBad

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Loving my GS3. I'd have to say that HTC builds the most quality phone as far as "in hand feel" but Samsung packs in the features I love. But I wish they were available with the vanilla experience. I can't stand sense or touchwiz. Makes me miss my Google Nexus from back in the day. All in all, my GS3 is by far my favorite phone though.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
It's pretty awesome. I'm just hoping the battery gets better. Notice in my battery stat picture that cell standby was the highest user, that is because signal is a bit weaker than my Thunderbolt's was.

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I switched a month ago to the SGS3 and I'm loving it. much faster than the old tbolt and I can actually go a day without having to be connected to the charger or carry around my spare batteries. I was always on 4G with my tbolt and same with my sgs3. altho I have noticed the signal doesn't seem quite as strong, but at least it doesn't have trouble switching between 3G and 4G like the tbolt did.