Looking forward to a good 4g experience

linebusy

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Nearing the end of my term with the Thunderbolt and I can't get a new phone quick enough. I like the display and the solid feel, but switching between 3g and 4g has been brutal. Yesterday was one of my worst-case scenarios in that I went through areas that perform only when LTE is off, areas where only when LTE is on and areas where going in and out of 3g/4g areas leave me with no data at all. I can deal with the occasional reboot (couple times a week) and I can even deal with it coming up locked in landscape mode after rebooting in the cradle. Not being able to go "mobile", though, is a critical failure that will likely chase me from HTC altogether.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I understand the frustration (been there, done that), but I wouldn't let it chase me away from HTC. Instead I chalk it up to the Thunderbolt being a first generation LTE device. Its unique radio configuration that allows simultaneous voice/data over 3G, something it shares with the Rezound, probably factors in as well. What IS driving me away from HTC though is the non user-replaceable batteries. :(

redcat22

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I understand the frustration (been there, done that), but I wouldn't let it chase me away from HTC. Instead I chalk it up to the Thunderbolt being a first generation LTE device. Its unique radio configuration that allows simultaneous voice/data over 3G, something it shares with the Rezound, probably factors in as well. What IS driving me away from HTC though is the non user-replaceable batteries. :(

Unfortunately, it's not just HTC. Motorola is using non-replaceable batteries i.e. the Razr. Samsung didn't do that with the GS3 surprisingly but, i feel it's just a matter of time before they follow suit.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, it's not just HTC. Motorola is using non-replaceable batteries i.e. the Razr. Samsung didn't do that with the GS3 surprisingly but, i feel it's just a matter of time before they follow suit.

Yah, I really hope HTC reverses their trend and brings back user replaceable batteries for at least some of their phones, such as the Thunderbolt 2! :p:cool: Otherwise, I'll be forced to look else where as I simply cannot consider a phone with a non user-replaceable battery, at least until the day battery tech drastically improves. :( As it stands now, I'd have to go with either the Samsung Galaxy S3 or the Note 2.

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I switched to a GS3 a little over a month ago. I liked my Thunderbolt, used it for about a year and half, but since switching it has opened my eyes to what a more refined smartphone can do. I never have to turn 4G off anymore to make it through a day and have not had any data drop issues yet! Much more user friendly experience.

linebusy

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Counting down the days 'til I pick up a new device. So many to choose from come December.
Been rebooting like crazy the past couple days... did a factory reset last night. Just need it to hang in there another month.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer