Do you use antivirus software on your phone?

redcat22

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I have antivirus software on my phone. I didn't research software really, but one day Avast sent out an email saying they now have an app for android so i dl'd it. I think it works well and it doesn't seem to be a battery killer either. I don't think anybody will say antivirus is needed for their phone, but it does offer some helpful tools besides the antivirus feature. You'll have to rooted though to use the firewall.

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I've thought about it but no I don't have antivirus for my phone. As long as you're careful with which apps you download I think this is something you won't need to worry about.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I did when I first got my phone (Lookout), but after researching the necessity of it or lack thereof, I uninstalled it about a year or so ago. I've never had a problem.

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I did when I first got my phone (Lookout), but after researching the necessity of it or lack thereof, I uninstalled it about a year or so ago. I've never had a problem.

I read this from redmondpie.com
"The fact of the matter is, you, the average Android user, are safe from mobile malware. Malware on Android does not spread like it does on desktop computers because there really isn?t a simple method for them to spread. These viruses, trojans and rootkits that you hear of all the time only reach those users who do things like downloading APKs from untrusted sources and downloading bogus apps".

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I read this from redmondpie.com
"The fact of the matter is, you, the average Android user, are safe from mobile malware. Malware on Android does not spread like it does on desktop computers because there really isn?t a simple method for them to spread. These viruses, trojans and rootkits that you hear of all the time only reach those users who do things like downloading APKs from untrusted sources and downloading bogus apps".

Exactly. I read something very similar to this which is why I uninstalled it originally. Thanks.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums