htc stopwatch & alarm clock widgets?

jdd77

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Is there any way to put the Sense stopwatch & alarm clock on the homescreen as widgets? The only way I see to access them is through tapping on the HTC clock.. I no longer use that clock because it needs to sync data and I'm trying to save battery. Thanks for any help.

Mikey D_PhD

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to put the Sense stopwatch & alarm clock on the homescreen as widgets? The only way I see to access them is through tapping on the HTC clock.. I no longer use that clock because it needs to sync data and I'm trying to save battery. Thanks for any help.

The stopwatch and alarm clock do not have widgets that can be placed on the homescreen. The only way that the clock widget would be using data is if you used one that has weather embedded into it (like the big flip clock). You could always use another clock widget (there are 6 HTC ones baked in) that doesn't sync weather.

jdd77

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
The stopwatch and alarm clock do not have widgets that can be placed on the homescreen. The only way that the clock widget would be using data is if you used one that has weather embedded into it (like the big flip clock). You could always use another clock widget (there are 6 HTC ones bakeI d in) that doesn't sync weather.

I would use the big flip clock w/o sync.. but its gotta big ugly message saying "no weather data available". It's a shame there's no way to just use the clock without that message.

Mikey D_PhD

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I would use the big flip clock w/o sync.. but its gotta big ugly message saying "no weather data available". It's a shame there's no way to just use the clock without that message.

There are also other clock widgets available from the Play Store (some free, some paid). Fancy Widgets comes to mind. It has options of clocks that do not have weather with them.

jdd77

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
There are also other clock widgets available from the Play Store (some free, some paid). Fancy Widgets comes to mind. It has options of clocks that do not have weather with them.

I previously used a free clock from the playstore called 3-D flip clock. Looks like the HTC clock, but smaller. Oddly, it displayed the weather even though background data was turned off. It was cool for awhile but I couldn't figure out how it was able to do this, so I uninstalled.

firepsych

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Do you want a widget that shows the time and stuff or just a shortcut to the alarm and stopwatch/timer?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

jdd77

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Do you want a widget that shows the time and stuff or just a shortcut to the alarm and stopwatch/timer?

Just a shortcut. I have found clocks in the playstore before, that shows the stopwatch/alarm etc. when tapped on, but those clocks seemed to have drawn a lot from the battery. I am now using a very simple bare bones clock with hardly any customization and it has lite effect on the battery. There's a "tools" folder I made, that I would like to put the stock stopwatch/alarm clock/etc. in.

firepsych

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Just a shortcut. I have found clocks in the playstore before, that shows the stopwatch/alarm etc. when tapped on, but those clocks seemed to have drawn a lot from the battery. I am now using a very simple bare bones clock with hardly any customization and it has lite effect on the battery. There's a "tools" folder I made, that I would like to put the stock stopwatch/alarm clock/etc. in.

I'm on an AOSP rom so I doing this from memory. Hopefully someone will chime in if I'm wrong.
From your homescreen go to the app drawer. Long click on the clock app and drag it to your homescreen. The just click on that and you have access to the alarm clock, stopwatch etc...

jdd77

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm on an AOSP rom so I doing this from memory. Hopefully someone will chime in if I'm wrong.
From your homescreen go to the app drawer. Long click on the clock app and drag it to your homescreen. The just click on that and you have access to the alarm clock, stopwatch etc...

That's it! Thanks. Can't believe I over looked that.