flashing radios with 4ext

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
ever since i flashed 4ext, when i boot into boot loader to flash radios, the screen freezes. it eventually will unfreeze and flash the radios, but this never happened when i used CWM. is this normal for 4ext

redcat22

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
ever since i flashed 4ext, when i boot into boot loader to flash radios, the screen freezes. it eventually will unfreeze and flash the radios, but this never happened when i used CWM. is this normal for 4ext

Radios are flashed in HBOOT. I don't think 4EXT has anything to do with bootloader or hboot though. 4EXT just allows you to boot directly to bootloader while the phone is on. Somebody correct me if i'm wrong about this. Anyways, i've only flashed radios 2-3 times since installing 4EXT and the hboot screen is on for about 2 seconds before the phone begins to scan for the PG05IMG file. By freeze, do you mean the volume/power buttons don't do anything? Not sure what you mean.

Last edited:

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Correct. Volume button does nothing and power button does nothing. Then just out of nowhere it will unpack the file and ask me if I want to update. No other problems with the phone and not even sure this should be considered a problem

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
How long does it freeze? Mine appears to freeze for 2-3 seconds every time. I just assumed it was running through a process before allowing me to do what I want to do.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
How long does it freeze? Mine appears to freeze for 2-3 seconds every time. I just assumed it was running through a process before allowing me to do what I want to do.

Maybe 30 seconds to a min. It could be I'm just impatient

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
That does seem excessive but as long as it eventually allows you to access the menu, I guess it's okay. And I agree with redcat22, I really don't think that 4eXT has anything to do with it, but you could always uninstall it to see if you still have the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair