Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Retrieving pics from micro sd card?

Here's my story...
    Last Sunday I unplugged my Tbolt from my charger and it kept rebooting. Did all the tricks with no luck. That afternoon I went by my local VZW store and presented my phone. The lady said I had two choices... Upgrade or get a factory refurb on Tuesday. I said I was waiting for the Galaxy Note 2 to upgrade and couldn't do without my phone until Tuesday because I own a small business and use the phone for work. She gave me an LG Lucid as a loaner until my Tbolt came. She gave me my micro SD and SIM cards along with my extended battery. Well, Tuesday came and went but no phone. I looked on my VZW account online and it said CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR UPGRADE to the LG Lucid. What!?! I called to get this mess straightened out and see where my phone was. Customer service said my phone was in a warehouse somewhere but hadn't shipped. Said the upgrade was a mistake and would get corrected. Still hasn't. Said it could take five business days to get a response from the warehouse.

My question is...
    How can I get my pictures and videos off my micro SD card? This is family pictures from almost the past two years. I tried plugging it into my computer. It got very hot and my computer said I needed to format the card to use it (which I didn't). If it didn't wipe out my pics and videos and I never get another ThunderBolt, how can I get my pics back?
    Thanks,
    Rob

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

Default Re: Retrieving pics from micro sd card?

Have you tried putting the tbolt sd card in the lucid? The transferring the pics to dropbox picasa or someplace?
    ThunderboltRob likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thank you mnfats127-
    No, but I thought about it. I have HTC Sync on my desktop computer. Would that override the LG Lucid or will the SD card look like a flash drive to my computer? I simply don't want to lose two years of pics of my family.
    Thanks again,
    Rob
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I went ahead and tried. It says "Blank SD card or unsupported file structure".

Carrier
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderboltRob View Post
    I went ahead and tried. It says "Blank SD card or unsupported file structure".
    That doesn't sound like good news. If it got hot and can't be recognized on a SD reader or another phone, the card might be dead.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

I would try some recovery software on it when plugged into a pc.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I got in contact with someone that said they were technical support. He said I would have to have an HTC phone and maybe even a Tbolt. That's fine. Where's my d*#n replacement phone?!! It's been a week!
    Rob