Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Retrieving pics from micro sd card?

Here's my story...
    Last Sunday I unplugged my Tbolt from my charger and it kept rebooting. Did all the tricks with no luck. That afternoon I went by my local VZW store and presented my phone. The lady said I had two choices... Upgrade or get a factory refurb on Tuesday. I said I was waiting for the Galaxy Note 2 to upgrade and couldn't do without my phone until Tuesday because I own a small business and use the phone for work. She gave me an LG Lucid as a loaner until my Tbolt came. She gave me my micro SD and SIM cards along with my extended battery. Well, Tuesday came and went but no phone. I looked on my VZW account online and it said CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR UPGRADE to the LG Lucid. What!?! I called to get this mess straightened out and see where my phone was. Customer service said my phone was in a warehouse somewhere but hadn't shipped. Said the upgrade was a mistake and would get corrected. Still hasn't. Said it could take five business days to get a response from the warehouse.

My question is...
    How can I get my pictures and videos off my micro SD card? This is family pictures from almost the past two years. I tried plugging it into my computer. It got very hot and my computer said I needed to format the card to use it (which I didn't). If it didn't wipe out my pics and videos and I never get another ThunderBolt, how can I get my pics back?
    Thanks,
    Rob

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

Default Re: Retrieving pics from micro sd card?

Have you tried putting the tbolt sd card in the lucid? The transferring the pics to dropbox picasa or someplace?
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thank you mnfats127-
    No, but I thought about it. I have HTC Sync on my desktop computer. Would that override the LG Lucid or will the SD card look like a flash drive to my computer? I simply don't want to lose two years of pics of my family.
    Thanks again,
    Rob
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I went ahead and tried. It says "Blank SD card or unsupported file structure".

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderboltRob View Post
    I went ahead and tried. It says "Blank SD card or unsupported file structure".
    That doesn't sound like good news. If it got hot and can't be recognized on a SD reader or another phone, the card might be dead.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Phones: BB 8820 -> BB 8310 -> HTC Thunderbolt -> LG Optimus G Pro -> Moto X

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

I would try some recovery software on it when plugged into a pc.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I got in contact with someone that said they were technical support. He said I would have to have an HTC phone and maybe even a Tbolt. That's fine. Where's my d*#n replacement phone?!! It's been a week!
    Rob