could thunderbolt get jelly bean?

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
i was reading an article on the appy geek app tonite that said HTC will be updating all 2012 phones to JB, and then they will look at what 2011 phones JB will work on. They did say that any phone with less than 512 ram will not be updated. the thunderbolt exceeds that.

BigMace23

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
No.
And this is my problem with HTC... could the thunderbolt run jelly bean? I think it definitely could... but HTC has dug itself into a hole by selling so many different exclusive devices on different carriers that they will never be able to keep up with updates. They are also currently struggling to make a profit,and therefore I'm sure their main focus is bringing in new customers with their new devices... I think they may have cast the thunderbolt off.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

sirlancelot323

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
It's so lovely that HTC thinks so little of their early adopters(the tbolt owners...1st 4g LTE smartphone). If they have cast the thunderbolt off, they sure haven't told anyone. ICS was supposed to come "End of August/Beginning of September". Thanksgiving(in the US) is a week from today. No sight, word, smell, whatever of the update at all. No updates from HTC, Verizon, anyone. Jelly Bean? This phone's not even getting ICS, let alone Jelly Bean. We're lucky we finally(sorta) got a GINGERBREAD update that works.

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I seriously doubt it. We are still waiting on ICS, so JB is unlikely. Also, you have to remember that the TBolt is what? Over 18 months old already? The Android alliance or whatever it is called that Google announced in I/O last year said they'd support phones for 18 months. I'm just hoping we still get ICS as there is some functionality I want on the TBolt from it until I upgrade (like deactivating all the stupid Verizon-installed bloatware).

jaboop

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Dont push it man, we had to wait months for the ICS update and just like BigMace said they're too busy to deal with a two year old phone. At one point when i asked a verizon rep he said " The HTC Thunderbolt only has one processors making it impossible for the phone to handle the update without major issues". Which is a lie, so the only reason this phone is still alive is because of the awesome developers! If your phone is rooted i guarantee somewhere there is a Jelly Bean ROM.