Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mightyfacundo
  • 1 Post By elindquist1
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Thunderbolt Apps have been updating a LOT

I wonder if the apps are all being updated in anticipation of ics being pushed through soon. Anyone else noticed this?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Thunderbolt Apps have been updating a LOT

All apps will be updated no matter what the device is. I currently have the rezound. Updates improve the apps.

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Quote Originally Posted by Texasgal0504 View Post
    I wonder if the apps are all being updated in anticipation of ics being pushed through soon. Anyone else noticed this?

I might be wrong, but I think the apps are being updated to accommodate 4.2. In other words, an app is updated so it will work with every version of android.

trter10-imore likes this.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by mightyfacundo View Post
    I might be wrong, but I think the apps are being updated to accommodate 4.2. In other words, an app is updated so it will work with every version of android.

You're not wrong. I have a Nexus 7 and a lot of the apps that are being updated are maintenance fixes to get the programs working under 4.2 - it has nothing to do with a potential ICS release for the Thunderbolt (much as I'd love it to be so).

There would be no reason to release any app fixes in relation to a Thunderbolt ICS release - ICS has been out for a long time now and there won't be any Thunderbolt-specific fixes to apps.

personally, I don't care if the T-bolt ever gets ICS. just for the fact that it's taking so long to get it ready, when we've been waiting 6 months now, speaks to the fact that this is trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. I'm expecting any day now that we will get an announcement that we're not getting ICS.

This phone is never going to get ICS and I am ok with it. At this point, I am ready to throw it through a wall and will never, ever buy anything HTC again. The data drops and the resets make it seem as if my phone knows it is about to be replaced. I have 2 months left until my upgrade and can not wait. See ya HTC!!
    johnriii likes this.