I loved the thunderbolt

honex97

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I've wanted to get on here and talk about my love for the thunderbolt for a while so here it goes. Am I part of a low percentage of people who absolutely love the tbolt? I listen to the android central podcast every week and when ever they mention anything about the thunderbolt it always seems bad. My first android phone was the droid then I got the incredible then the xperia play then the thunderbolt and I now have the galaxy nexus, the thunderbolt is the only one I look back on and say that was a great phone. 1st lte phone on Verizon, huge screen for it's time. That phone made me fall in love with HTC and HTC sence and if the new droid DNA had a removable battery I would get rid of my nexus in a heart beat to get that phone. So I could go on and on about what I loved about my thunderbolt but that would be to much so thanks for reading my rant for those who did.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
If the battery life would have been more than what it was, i think a lot more people would have felt as you do. I know I would have kept it around longer than I did

chuckh0308

Apr 3, 2011
www.welcomehomeseattle.com
I love mine too. Enough that even after 18 months I still haven't found anything really compelling that I want to replace it with. I won't get the DNA because I can't get by on so little storage. I'd also like to see a larger battery in it, especially since it's non-removable. Sure, the screen would be nice, but I can't really see any other benefit to it for me.

honex97

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I love mine too. Enough that even after 18 months I still haven't found anything really compelling that I want to replace it with. I won't get the DNA because I can't get by on so little storage. I'd also like to see a larger battery in it, especially since it's non-removable. Sure, the screen would be nice, but I can't really see any other benefit to it for me.

I agree the thunderbolt is a great phone so if you Dont see a good enough phone to upgrade why spend the money?

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
GREAT phone. With Thundershed and the extended battery, I can easily make it 24 hours without having to plug in. I don't seem to experience the data drops as often as many others do, and there still isn't another phone that I feel like I really have to have. And to the OP, I also get a little tired of the Bolt always being the butt of every joke by Phil, who used this phone as his daily driver for 6-8 months. If it was as bad as he likes to say, you'd think he would have switched to another of his 20 phones. Besides, it's not like it was the Bionic, which was made obsolete by the Razr 2 months after it was released.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely agree, I've loved the Thunderbolt since day one. It's been a great phone for me and up until very recently I was content to stick with it as I just didn't see anything compelling enough to make a change. But lately I've kind of grown tired of the same ol', same ol' and am itching for something new. To be completely honest, the occasional data drop issue hasn't helped. It's kind of worn me down. Then once I saw that Verizon was to carry the Note 2, it was game on! After extensively researching it online and playing with a working demo unit in a local AT&T store, I pre-ordered it on Verizon Nov. 2 (scheduled to ship Nov. 27). Already have my accessories for it (spare battery and charger and carry case)! :p I did look at the HTC DNA, but the non-removable battery is a deal breaker and no SD card didn't help either. :( I'm still going to keep the Thunderbolt as a backup though and will break it out from time to time to make sure it works (use the Note 2 SIM in it with an adapter). Even though I've grown tired of the Thunderbolt, I am going to miss it all the same. :'(

honex97

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Glad to see there are others out there who feel the same way about the thunderbolt

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I've wanted to get on here and talk about my love for the thunderbolt for a while so here it goes. Am I part of a low percentage of people who absolutely love the tbolt? I listen to the android central podcast every week and when ever they mention anything about the thunderbolt it always seems bad. My first android phone was the droid then I got the incredible then the xperia play then the thunderbolt and I now have the galaxy nexus, the thunderbolt is the only one I look back on and say that was a great phone. 1st lte phone on Verizon, huge screen for it's time. That phone made me fall in love with HTC and HTC sence and if the new droid DNA had a removable battery I would get rid of my nexus in a heart beat to get that phone. So I could go on and on about what I loved about my thunderbolt but that would be to much so thanks for reading my rant for those who did.

Reading your note, and writing mine, on my TB. Still love it, but still frustrated with nits. I'll keep it forever after my upgrade, if only just as my backup. I'll probably try playing with rooting too.

My Thunderbolt has been a companion through life's journey for a long time now.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2

chuckh0308

Apr 3, 2011
www.welcomehomeseattle.com
I do have an itch to get something new, it's just that I have three cases, two docks, a T-bolt with case specific car mount, etc., and it will cost me a LOT of money to get a new phone AND replace all my goodies to go with it. I'm not willing to spend all that money and go through the hassle of changing unless it's for something that is an improvement in more than one or two respects, especially if it's a downgrade in any way. Even the quad core processor won't sway me because I can do everything I need to do with the single core. And the screen isn't really THAT big of a deal to me, either. I can't see the pixels in the TB (in fact, the TB screen looks WAY better to me than the iPhone screen...), so I doubt I'd even notice the difference except for the size in the newer phones.

Maybe there will be an HTC DNA+ with at least 32GB of memory and/or an midroSD and a2500mAh + battery later. Then I might do it.

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I've been pleased with mine since 3/17/11, and I really am only leaving Verizon and my ThunderBolt now because, well, Verizon's new tactics of raising prices and lowering features. I switched to T-Mobile ON my upgrade day and got a free (after mail-in rebate) Galaxy S3, and unlimited calling, texting, AND data for $5 more than I'm paying now for my 1/3 of the bill on a 700 shared minutes, unlimited texting, and unlimited data plan. Plus I don't even have my work's discount applied yet (15% for t-mo).

All in all, this was a fantastic farewell to Verizon for me, and I cannot WAIT to have my Thunderbolt around as a play thing. Having to start from scratch after every ROM gets annoying, but now it won't be my primary line.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech