can a kernel brick a phone?
im using the thundershed rom. yesterday i flashed a different kernel. after flashing the kernel, the phone booted up fine,and i used it all day and has it on until about 2:30am. thats when i shut it and put it on the charger. when i woke up, it wouldnt boot past HTC screen. tried pulling battery a couple times, finally i just booted into recovery and loaded a retsore point, and phone booted fine after that. just wondering if the kernel could cause that?
- 11-19-2012, 10:12 PM #2
- 11-20-2012, 02:16 AM #3
- 11-20-2012, 02:20 AM #4
- By PianosAreFun in forum Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G TouchReplies: 22Last Post: 11-01-2012, 10:20 PM
- By Joshua Bielema in forum LG Optimus SReplies: 11Last Post: 01-06-2012, 03:28 PM
- By staticmaal in forum Virgin Mobile Optimus VReplies: 11Last Post: 06-11-2011, 02:55 PM
- By fastai in forum Verizon Fascinate Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 13Last Post: 01-21-2011, 06:20 PM
- By logodude in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and HacksReplies: 9Last Post: 06-16-2010, 11:42 AM