Lateral phone switch: which one should I choose?

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
so I have a replacement Tbolt, and it's still losing the data connection. so I'm going to call them back, and I'm sure they're going to offer to send me another refurbished Tbolt. I doubt that they will send me a rezound or a bionic, but I'm thinking they may offer me a Charge or LG Revolution...and if they do, which one should I get? I upgrade officially in July, so I would deal with either one as long as they held the connection. any opinions???

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
on 2nd thought, I must be crazy. those two phones really, really suck. even more than the tbolt. nevermind......

braxtoq

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
This is my 3rd Bolt overall, data drops have been fewer with this one after they sent me a new sim, but, its still happening . I called today and was told once again that its a known HTC issue and they are working on an update, its not a Verizon network issue. I asked to speak to an HTC rep, he transferred me and the HTC rep told me it was not an HTC issue and they are not working on it, its a Verizon network problem. I called Verizon back and was then told its because I'm in weak 4G areas sometime and when the radio switches, u will lose data. Ughh! She told me I should upgrade a new phone to.see if it does the same thing! I.said Aha! You are trying to get me to switch to limited data plan, that's why my phone is losing data, no no no said she, but there is no.way we send you a non.thunderbolt......

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
This is my 3rd Bolt overall, data drops have been fewer with this one after they sent me a new sim, but, its still happening . I called today and was told once again that its a known HTC issue and they are working on an update, its not a Verizon network issue. I asked to speak to an HTC rep, he transferred me and the HTC rep told me it was not an HTC issue and they are not working on it, its a Verizon network problem. I called Verizon back and was then told its because I'm in weak 4G areas sometime and when the radio switches, u will lose data. Ughh! She told me I should upgrade a new phone to.see if it does the same thing! I.said Aha! You are trying to get me to switch to limited data plan, that's why my phone is losing data, no no no said she, but there is no.way we send you a non.thunderbolt......

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

that is very contrary to my recent experience. I called Verizon Tuesday, and within 10 minutes, with no screaming, cussing, etc, they offered to send me two Rezounds for my trouble. I should have them both by tommorow. it really, really depends on the Verizon Rep you get (make sure you're speaking to Tech support) and how you approach them. if you come off with the attitude that they are "obligated" to give you an upgrade, then chances are you won't get it. if you're patient, and explain your situation calmly and with no venom in your voice, then chances are you will get the better customer service experience. I would continue to call tech support until I get a sympathetic person on the other end, then put on your best performance as to what is happening with your phone and try your best not to "ask" for an upgrade. I think the kicker was when I said "I don't know if I can deal with this issue for the next 8 months, which is when I'm eligible for upgrade." the guy I had actually owned two Tbolts, so he was very empathetic, so MAYBE i got really lucky. I would keep trying, if I were you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463