my personal conversation with verizon regarding ICS

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
i was talking to a level 2 rep and he says as of dec 11th, the thunderbolt is still scheduled to receive ICS, but there is no date set

arich5

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I was talking to one of their techs in Nov who thought the upgrade was already out. I had to inform them that it had gotten pushed back, again.... I have no faith in their techs.

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
How do they know so little? One of the sales people at my local store told me they are allowed to change their phone every 2 or 3 months(I can't remember which). I assumed this was so they would know about all the different phones, but it took Verizon an he yesterday to figure out why my father coulnt download a ringback tone for his iPhone

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

willdogs

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Right.

As I stated here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...s/234808-ics-officially-dead.html#post2440943

It's vaporware. They will always have it "Scheduled" but just never have a solid date. That's the permanent status of ICS for the thunderbolt unfortunately.

Leaving it "scheduled" leaves hope for the holdouts, but even VZW knows the holdouts will eventually move on to other phones eventually. It's part of the cycle.

I'm fully convinced that HTC did their part and created an ICS package for the TB, but once VZW got their hands on it and put their BLOAT all into it, it ran like crap. VZW will not release anything without their BLOAT and hence have shelved it until further notice. Not "cancelled" just shelved....

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Im running ics with no problems and updates coming soon, so I'm happy. It will get me till I either buy my s3 or maybe even s4

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm fully convinced that HTC did their part and created an ICS package for the TB, but once VZW got their hands on it and put their BLOAT all into it, it ran like crap. VZW will not release anything without their BLOAT and hence have shelved it until further notice. Not "cancelled" just shelved....

This is exactly what I think.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I haven't cared for my TB getting ICS for awhie because looking to upgrade. Sense 4 on new HTC phones is great overhaul in the Sense UI in general and frankly won't care if next HTC phone doesn't have latest android OS. ICS or Jellybean with Sense 4 is more good enough for me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
There reports yesterday stating that ICS is still coming to the TBolt and that it will be arriving "soon." Of course, no specific date was given but that is currently the official word. I guess we'll have to see how "soon" is "soon."

Spacemaker24

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
There reports yesterday stating that ICS is still coming to the TBolt and that it will be arriving "soon." Of course, no specific date was given but that is currently the official word. I guess we'll have to see how "soon" is "soon."

What are the sources of these reports?

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2

djdougd

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Please...gave up on seeing ICS on myTBolt....as I have said on a previous thread...this will the last HTC phone I will purchase!!!

OmahaPlaya

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
My Thunderbolt is rooted so I'm running a ICS rom on it. I am looking at my options for phones right now as I have a upgrade to burn.

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Well, we are now in 2013 and this phone will be 2 years old soon. If they don't release an official ICS update at the 2-year mark, then I'll just root my TBolt and get one of the ICS roms just so I can keep using it as a media device. I'm heading over to a Nexus phone once my contract is over anyway.

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Are you thinking about LTE? Because 4G speeds can be seen with HSPA. The Nexus 4 has an LTE radio that is not active. It was not FCC approved for use and it instead uses HSPA+42. We know it can be activated as someone did it in Canada using a frequency that will be compatible with T-Mobile's network once they launch LTE. So, we may see that changed over later on. In any case, HSPA+42 does give very good speeds that, from what I've seen, are even better than what I'm getting on my TBolt with LTE. So, I don't think that will be a problem. In fact, I've read multiple posts and blogs saying the same thing. If your concern is speeds, that doesn't seem to be an issue.

Spacemaker24

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I saw this on HTC's Facebook:
We understand there's a lot of excitement regarding an ICS update for Thunderbolt and we appreciate your patience as we work to provide a great software experience on the device. We're currently working to address connectivity issues that we've encountered with the software. This is a key aspect to providing an optimal experience. As such, we're working hard on a resolution and will continue to share information as we're available.

So...yeah...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463