- 558 Posts
How to Activate the Mobile Hotspot
I just rooted my TB and was hoping that that would then enable me to use the Mobile Hotspot without having to subscribe. Was I simply wrong or is there a way to do this? I also thought that I'd be able to uninstall some of the bloatware that is on my phone. How do I confirm that I am indeed rooted or what do I need to do to enable these things?
- 12-18-2012, 08:35 AM #2
- 12-18-2012, 10:23 AM #3
- 2,976 Posts
Re: How to Activate the Mobile Hotspot
Try Wireless Tether for Root Users (link below). It worked great for me on a stock rooted Thunderbolt.
Also, to confirm you're rooted look for a superuser app in your app drawer, under All installed apps or via installed apps in Google Play. There are also root checker apps in Google Play that can confirm whether or not you're rooted.
- By Lord Vadger in forum Droid RAZR MAXX HDReplies: 20Last Post: 03-14-2013, 12:22 PM
- By xhazerdusx in forum Verizon Fascinate Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 11-29-2011, 07:22 PM
- By teki9 in forum Virgin Mobile Optimus VReplies: 42Last Post: 03-01-2011, 12:00 AM
- By Jerzyiroc in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 13Last Post: 11-04-2010, 08:25 PM
- By IOWA in forum Samsung Moment Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 08-02-2010, 02:22 PM