1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Some questions regarding the TB.

Hello all, this is my first post on the forums. I have watched and read this forum for quite sometime and have always appreciated the helpfulness of it and through searching I have quite found my question answered. So, here I go.

1) I grasp the basic concept of the ICS update, after searching I've come to realize that we are likely not getting this update. I'm a complete rookie when it comes to phones, do I dare attempt to root or whatever it's called (yeah, that much of a rookie) and get the leaked version or do I tough it out until February and get my SIII?

2) The main reason I am posting here is because my TB doesn't seem to like to receive text messages, at all. I am running the latest version of the phone (obviously) and I have GB 2.3 keyboard installed. When I say I wont receive texts, I mean people will send them to me and I just won't get them at all. Any solutions? I've called verizon, it worked fine and now it's back to normal and it's rather frustrating.

Thank you!

Default Re: Some questions regarding the TB.

Have you tried doing a factory reset? If you're thinking about rooting, then I would try that first and see if it fixes the problem. I decided to pass on rooting mine, i've seen too many people coming back with issues because they missed a step or forgot to do something. I don't think it's too difficult but I would just try a factory reset first since you don't seem to comfortable with it.
    Thanked by:
    CK23 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Does a hard reset erase all my pictures, music and the like? I'm kind of having trouble understanding precisely what it does. I don't want to do it and risk losing everything.

It only erases the internal memory. Your music and pics should be saved to your sd card so they will be safe. You will lose your settings, may have to re-install some apps and all your apps saved data will be lost. If you are looking at rooting anyway, you won't be any worse off trying a reset. Unless you have hundreds or thousands of apps you should be back up running pretty quickly.
    Thanked by:
    CK23 
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I did, let's see if it worked. I appreciate it.

If you decide to root, trter has given the Bolt community an All-In-One Thunderbolt Tool, which you can find in a sticky at the top of the Root Forum. It takes all of the guesswork out of rooting, and if you experience any problems, trter is extremely helpful. Once you're rooted, feel free to post any questions, and I'll be happy to help.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums