Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Use Thunderbolt as part of a presentation?

I need to do a presentation in late January. Some will be from a conventional computer set-up with power point and live web. But, I'd like to show some android apps on the big screen. Anybody know a relatively quick and cheap way to do this? I don't have a document camera (not even sure that would work), and I'm not sure if the conference AV people have one. If the T'bolt had MHL instead of DLNA....

I could do screen caps, but I'd like to show some of the apps in action. I've looked at maybe running an emulator, but that seems to take LOTS of resources.

Would AirSync work for this? I am willing to pay for an app.

I am NOT rooted, and no I will not just for this.
    Current Personal Devices: Droid MAXX XT1080M; Sero 7 Pro
    Previous Personal Devices:
    Compaq HPC / Palm IIIc / Moto Bag Phone / Moto Flip Phone / StarTAC 7860 / StarTAC 7868 / v60s / GZ1 Type V / GZ1 Boulder / Thunderbolt
    Current Work Device: iPhone4
    Previous Work Devices:
    Moto "Lingo" L3000 iDEN / R750 / i355 / i580 + BB 8703 / BB 8830 / BB8330 / i576 + BB 9650 Storm

Default Re: Use Thunderbolt as part of a presentation?

As far as I know, (I researched a similar situation to yours over a year ago so pardon me if my memory has gone a bit soft), the Thunderbolt only supports DLNA and it is only a "receiver" at that unless you install a program to make it act as a DLNA Server. I'm using Twonky Server on mine and it works very well for what it is. You simply start Connected Media on your Thunderbolt and let it find any DLNA devices nearby, then launch Twonky Server and select the device you want to broadcast to and choose what media you want to stream out. Keep your Thunderbolt on a charger the whole time or your battery will go flat faster than a tire hitting a nail strip.