Use Thunderbolt as part of a presentation?

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I need to do a presentation in late January. Some will be from a conventional computer set-up with power point and live web. But, I'd like to show some android apps on the big screen. Anybody know a relatively quick and cheap way to do this? I don't have a document camera (not even sure that would work), and I'm not sure if the conference AV people have one. If the T'bolt had MHL instead of DLNA....

I could do screen caps, but I'd like to show some of the apps in action. I've looked at maybe running an emulator, but that seems to take LOTS of resources.

Would AirSync work for this? I am willing to pay for an app.

I am NOT rooted, and no I will not just for this.

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know, (I researched a similar situation to yours over a year ago so pardon me if my memory has gone a bit soft), the Thunderbolt only supports DLNA and it is only a "receiver" at that unless you install a program to make it act as a DLNA Server. I'm using Twonky Server on mine and it works very well for what it is. You simply start Connected Media on your Thunderbolt and let it find any DLNA devices nearby, then launch Twonky Server and select the device you want to broadcast to and choose what media you want to stream out. Keep your Thunderbolt on a charger the whole time or your battery will go flat faster than a tire hitting a nail strip.