variable volume on downloaded podcats

soureel

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm using an HTC Thunderbolt, and Verizon is my carrier. I've noticed that with some downloaded podcasts (I use DoggCatcher), the volume of the podcast on playback varies widely, particularly if the podcast is a discussion with several participants. It's not so much an issue when there is just one speaker. This occurs regardless of the program I've downloaded. This is very annoying and requires me to be constantly adjusting the volume, as sometimes it's too loud; at other times it's too quiet.

Has anyone else encountered this problem, and if so is there a solution?

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, I've never tried DoggCatcher, and the few times I've noticed this using Pocket Casts, I'm pretty sure it was the podcast I was listening to. Once, I was listening to Carolla's podcast from the Hollywood Bowl and the volume would fluctuate, also leaving me constantly adjusting the volume, which I agree is very annoying. Another time, I was listening to Bill Simmons and a similar thing happened, but I chalked it up to him being a quiet talker. Have you contacted the developer and asked about it? Which podcasts does it happen on? Maybe I can load them up and see if I have the same experience.

soureel

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
It happens on multiple podcasts. the one I've noticed it most recently is NPR Fresh Air with Terri Gross. As I mentioned, it's much more obvious where there is a discussion between 2 or more people.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I'll give it a listen tomorrow and see if I experience the same issues. Is there a particular episode that I should try?

Sent from my ADR28000X

soureel

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I was listening to movie reviews segment in the episode Fresh Air Weekend- Critics' Picks for 2012. One other variable which might weigh in- I usually listen to podcasts through the Aux input of my car stereo while driving. I've listened to the same podcast through headphones and the variation in volume is much more subtle and much harder to notice that when it's played through "open air".

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I just finished listening. There were two times that the volume dropped out when they played the clip from Homeland. Other than that, the only thing I noticed was that the two critics spoke with soft voices and seemed to move away from the mic at times which made them a little difficult to hear. But overall, the podcast itself didn't have any volume fluctuations.

Sent from my ADR28000X

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay