Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry 2 Years worth of data on my SD card not being read on Thunderbolt. WTF?

I went to use my phone last night to see a picture I took but it said the SD card was either blank or unsupported! I didn't drop the phone and have had a tough 2 part case and screen protector on the phone since I got it. I took out the battery and reinserted the card but to no avail. This is really bothering me. I don't have a card reader here at home to test if it works on other devices, but I am going to assume it is the Thunderbolt which isn't working right. This phone has given me problem after problem and I honestly think it should never have been released. Any ideas guys on what to do? I will be getting the iPhone 5 in the future and will never use HTC again.

-Thanks, Nick

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: 2 Years worth of data on my SD card not being read on Thunderbolt. WTF?

SD cards do go bad from time to time. I'd get a card reader and see if the data can be retrieved.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Phones: BB 8820 -> BB 8310 -> HTC Thunderbolt -> LG Optimus G Pro -> Moto X
    Thanked by:

Default Re: 2 Years worth of data on my SD card not being read on Thunderbolt. WTF?

This has nothing to do with HTC, it's the card. My original SD card went bad a few months ago. You don't need a card reader. Connect your TBolt to a PC via USB and see if you can still copy the contents of the SD card off the phone onto the PC. Then go buy a new SD card and copy everything back. Worked for me. If this fails you will need to put your SD card in a reader and try to repair/recover it first and then copy everything off it. Be happy you have a removable card in the first place as replacements are cheap compared to having to send a phone in for repair when non-removable storage goes bad. And if you haven't been backing your phone up regularly then you've made a mistake right there. ALL storage media fails eventually. Not a matter of IF but WHEN.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Yea. I guess I'm the ***** for not backing up my phone often. My computer is always backed up but of course the thing that isn't fails first. Thanks guys.

Hello, I love my htc thunderbolt, except for the battery issue, mine is 2 1/2 years old and i have been running it with a broken screen for 2 years of it!! Still works great, but my question are their replacement sd card readers available? I have found a lot of replacement parts, sim card reader, camera, chasis, ect, but can't find a card reader, is it attatched to some other part? My sd card still good, but phone saysit is unavailable, so i figure it is my card reader.Thanks for the help!!

I lost two years of pics and video on my SD card in my Tbolt. Back up regularly.
    Do you mean to tell me that I can make a phone call on this thing?!!!