- 17 Posts
Replaced ear speaker now top half of screen has lines and hard to view
My ear speaker went out and cash short (to buy a phone full price to maintain VZ unlimited) so replaced it myself for $5. Now the screen has banding of lines on the top half and is fuzzy like half of the pixels are not working. I suspected the ribbon cable for the screen came loose so seated it firmly (didn't remove it to repair the speaker) but no luck.
Is this damage from perhaps twisting the screen in the process to get the frame off of it or typical ribbon cable issue?
Thanks for the help!
- 01-04-2013, 11:34 AM #2
- 24 Posts
Re: Replaced ear speaker now top half of screen has lines and hard to view
Did you use a pry tool to remove the case? I had to replace my screen about two months ago after I dropped the phone, and it certainly wasn't an easy process. I followed step by step, simultaneously, with two videos from YouTube. If you were twisting the screen and such I can certainly see where you might have messed up the LCD. Hopefully that isn't the case for you. If so, I replaced the screen for something like $70.
- By Richard Owens in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 2Last Post: 11-13-2012, 12:19 PM
- By allenpaul1975 in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 0Last Post: 10-04-2012, 02:27 PM
- By dudleynascar in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 3Last Post: 07-11-2011, 09:00 AM
- By Chrisy in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 3Last Post: 04-12-2011, 09:49 AM
- By showmrock in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 1Last Post: 06-08-2010, 06:32 PM